Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: How to get Imp Companion's Sting to display "plus poison"?

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 28, 2013
      Short Answer - You can't. Needs a NewTag to implement. NaturalAttacks only supports damage.

      On 9/28/2013 1:55 PM, Henk Slaaf wrote:

      > Bump...
      >
      > On Sep 27, 2013 4:13 PM, "Henk Slaaf" <henk@... <mailto:henk@...>> wrote:
      >
      > Hey all,
      >
      > Currently the Imp Companion has 1d4 sting damage. However, the statblocks always handily note:
      > "plus poison". This is not displayed on the PCGen Standard.htm and not on the
      > statblock_pathfinder.html.
      >
      > The NATURALATTACK has type Poison. I've tried writing "1d4 plus poison" in the damage field, but
      > PCGen gets SEVERE warnings if I do :)
      >
      > See here: http://goo.gl/cQXFhN
      >

      > How do I display the addidional damage description? I've seen it done with Flaming, etc, but
      > never for a NATURALATTACK :)
      >
      > Best,
      >
      > Henk

    • Henk Slaaf
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 28, 2013

        Or maybe a specific "sting" weapon with a specific eqmod and proficiency?

        Easier than NEWTAG :-)

        Allthough it can't be the only natural attack with poison or fire or the like.

        Henk

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 29, 2013
          Then it's not a natural attack. And there are a ton of "Natural Attacks" with additional powers.

          Why Natural Attack is nice: Auto Prof, Weapon scales with size.

          Weapon takes an actual slot, clutters the equipment list needlessly.

          I'd rather go with the new tag. Also, the sting poison should be in the monster special attacks section.

          Cheers,

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 29, 2013
            Additionally, Weapon does Iterative attacks with high BAB, it's a pain to negate those properly.
            You'd have to set up the profs, and set up the rule to make it prime or secondary.

            On 9/29/2013 12:01 AM, Andrew wrote:
            > Then it's not a natural attack. And there are a ton of "Natural Attacks" with additional powers.
            >
            > Why Natural Attack is nice: Auto Prof, Weapon scales with size.
            >
            > Weapon takes an actual slot, clutters the equipment list needlessly.
            >
            > I'd rather go with the new tag. Also, the sting poison should be in the monster special attacks section.
            >
            > Cheers,
            >
            > On 9/28/2013 11:50 PM, Henk Slaaf wrote:
            >>

            >> Or maybe a specific "sting" weapon with a specific eqmod and proficiency?
            >>
            >> Easier than NEWTAG :-)
            >>
            >> Allthough it can't be the only natural attack with poison or fire or the like.
            >>
            >> Henk

          • Scott Meyer
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 29, 2013

              I'm working on the Inner Sea Bestiary and, actually being able to define a special property for a natural attack would be very useful.

              Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android