Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Variables

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 24, 2013

      On 9/24/2013 2:27 PM, Henry Harden wrote:

      > /I am putting together a group of classes that can modify a user defined variable if a character
      > multi-classes and that also use other user defined variables./
      >
      > Where am I supposed to do all the defining of these variables?

      Usually where the Object that is being defined would go. But to be honest for home brews, wherever
      you'd like. Example:

      Feat 'Foo Bar' will have a variable, so the logical location is to DEFINE the var there.

      > If I were writing code it would be at the top of the program...
      > Is it supposed to go into a particular list file?
      > In a particular place in a list file?

      DEFINE:VarName|x can go just about anywhere in the code.

      CLASS Line, CLASS Level Line, Abilities, Feats, Templates, even skills.

      If this is going to need to be accessible to multiple classes, then you can define it in each class,
      or place it in the automatically granted DEFAULT ability, if this is a Pathfinder or D&D 3e or D&D
      3.5 character.