Re: Natural attacks broken [TM]

  • Jorge Jr
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2003
      Well, the first one works and it's the default for the Minotaur.
      The second one doesn't work and it's what's created from the list
      editor.
      I tried this not only with the Minotaur but with Dragons and Aboleths.
      Even just making a copy (without modifying anything) will make it
      where the Dragon's natural attacks will be unequipable because you
      have 0 of them.

      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-

    • Jorge Jr
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2003
        If you don't believe me, then try it. Very easy. Just create a
        minotaur character and then go to its inventory. You'll find you can
        equip the 'gore' natural weapon. Then, go to the list editor and
        make a copy of the minotaur. Change you character's race to this
        new 'Copy of Minotaur' race and then go to its inventory. You'll
        find you can't equip your 'gore' natural weapon. And it gives you
        this error: 'You have already added all your gore.'

        And I just found something preculiar... both formats the default and
        the lst editor format for natural attacks work if you create your own
        resource and .pcc file and everything. It seems that the modified
        format doesn't work ONLY with the customRaces.lst

        See if you can replicate my results
        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2003
          Right, the None| is killing the syntax. PCGen doesn't know what to do with
          it. That is why I put [TM] in the message heading, trying to get a Tracker
          Monkey to make a Bug Tracker for it, so the LST Editor can be fixed.... :)

          Tir Gwaith
          PCGen BoD
          Data Silverback

          > Well, the first one works and it's the default for the Minotaur.
          > The second one doesn't work and it's what's created from the list
          > editor.
          > I tried this not only with the Minotaur but with Dragons and Aboleths.
          > Even just making a copy (without modifying anything) will make it
          > where the Dragon's natural attacks will be unequipable because you
          > have 0 of them.
        • Martijn Verburg (DSLWN)
          Message 4 of 5 , May 5, 2003

            Tracker organised