Implementing weapon proficiencies for a new class

  • russbellon
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 20, 2013
      Hey all, One of my players has a custom class he wants coded. The Kali Warrior. I am having trouble implementing (among many other things) the weapon proficiencies. Here is what i have in my my_abilities.lst:
      Weapon and Armor Proficiency ~ Kali Warrior
      KEY:Weapon and Armor Proficiency ~ Kali Warrior
      CATEGORY:Special Ability
      TYPE:KaliWarriorClassAbility.SpecialQuality
      DESC:Kali Warriors are proficient with clubs (kali sticks) and light and one handed bladed melee and martial weapons.  Kali Warriors are proficient with light and medium shields, but not armor.  When wearing armor, using a heavy shield, or carrying a medium or heavy load, a Kali Warrior loses his AC bonus, as well as his flurry of blows abilities.
      ABILITY:Internal|AUTOMATIC|Weapon Prof ~ Auto
      AUTO:WEAPONPROF|Kali Stick|Club|Flurry of Blows
      AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE:Weapon.Martial.BladeLight
      AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE:Weapon.Simple.BladeLightAUTO:SHIELDPROF|SHIELDTYPE=Buckler|SHIELDTYPE=Heavy|SHIELDTYPE=Light

      the specific weapons are "taking" but the TYPEs are not. Will i have to specifically list each weapon? Also, I can't get the shield proficiency to work.

      Any help is appreciated
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 20, 2013
        ABILITY:Internal|AUTOMATIC|Weapon Prof ~ Auto < Fine

        AUTO:WEAPONPROF|Kali Stick|Club|Flurry of Blows < Fine

        AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE:Weapon.Martial.BladeLight < Wrong

        AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE.Weapon.Martial.BladeLight|TYPE.Weapon.Simple.BladeLight < Correct - ':' vs. '.'

        AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE:Weapon.Simple.BladeLight < Wrong

        AUTO:SHIELDPROF|SHIELDTYPE=Buckler|SHIELDTYPE=Heavy|SHIELDTYPE=Light < Yeah... Try this:

        AUTO:SHIELDPROF|Buckler|Shield (Heavy)|Shield (Light)

        I've corrected the code in PF.

        On 9/20/2013 3:47 PM, russbellon@... wrote:

        > Hey all, One of my players has a custom class he wants coded. The Kali Warrior. I am having trouble
        > implementing (among many other things) the weapon proficiencies. Here is what i have in my
        > my_abilities.lst:
        > Weapon and Armor Proficiency ~ Kali Warrior
        > KEY:Weapon and Armor Proficiency ~ Kali Warrior
        > CATEGORY:Special Ability
        > TYPE:KaliWarriorClassAbility.SpecialQuality
        > DESC:Kali Warriors are proficient with clubs (kali sticks) and light and one handed bladed melee and
        > martial weapons. Kali Warriors are proficient with light and medium shields, but not armor. When
        > wearing armor, using a heavy shield, or carrying a medium or heavy load, a Kali Warrior loses his AC
        > bonus, as well as his flurry of blows abilities.
        > ABILITY:Internal|AUTOMATIC|Weapon Prof ~ Auto
        > AUTO:WEAPONPROF|Kali Stick|Club|Flurry of Blows
        > AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE:Weapon.Martial.BladeLight
        > AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE:Weapon.Simple.BladeLightAUTO:SHIELDPROF|SHIELDTYPE=Buckler|SHIELDTYPE=Heavy|SHIELDTYPE=Light
        >
        > the specific weapons are "taking" but the TYPEs are not. Will i have to specifically list each
        > weapon? Also, I can't get the shield proficiency to work.
        >
        > Any help is appreciated

      • russbellon
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 20, 2013

           thanks for your help but it's still not working.

          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 20, 2013
            Care to be specific - what isn't working? Can't fix something without knowing what exactly isn't
            working.

            On 9/20/2013 5:06 PM, russbellon@... wrote:

            > thanks for your help but it's still not working.
            >

            > --- In pcgenlistfilehelp@yahoogroups.com, <drew0500@...> wrote:
            >
            > ABILITY:Internal|AUTOMATIC|Weapon Prof ~ Auto < Fine
            >
            > AUTO:WEAPONPROF|Kali Stick|Club|Flurry of Blows < Fine
            >
            > AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE:Weapon.Martial.BladeLight < Wrong
            >
            > AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE.Weapon.Martial.BladeLight|TYPE.Weapon.Simple.BladeLight < Correct - ':' vs. '.'
            >
            > AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE:Weapon.Simple.BladeLight < Wrong
            >

            > AUTO:SHIELDPROF|SHIELDTYPE=Buckler|SHIELDTYPE=Heavy|SHIELDTYPE=Light < Yeah... Try this:
            >
            > AUTO:SHIELDPROF|Buckler|Shield (Heavy)|Shield (Light)
            >
            > I've corrected the code in PF.
            >

            > On 9/20/2013 3:47 PM, russbellon@... <mailto:russbellon@...> wrote:
            > >

            > > Hey all, One of my players has a custom class he wants coded. The Kali Warrior. I am having trouble
            > > implementing (among many other things) the weapon proficiencies. Here is what i have in my
            > > my_abilities.lst:
            > > Weapon and Armor Proficiency ~ Kali Warrior
            > > KEY:Weapon and Armor Proficiency ~ Kali Warrior
            > > CATEGORY:Special Ability
            > > TYPE:KaliWarriorClassAbility.SpecialQuality
            > > DESC:Kali Warriors are proficient with clubs (kali sticks) and light and one handed bladed melee and
            > > martial weapons. Kali Warriors are proficient with light and medium shields, but not armor. When
            > > wearing armor, using a heavy shield, or carrying a medium or heavy load, a Kali Warrior loses his AC
            > > bonus, as well as his flurry of blows abilities.
            > > ABILITY:Internal|AUTOMATIC|Weapon Prof ~ Auto
            > > AUTO:WEAPONPROF|Kali Stick|Club|Flurry of Blows
            > > AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE:Weapon.Martial.BladeLight
            > > AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE:Weapon.Simple.BladeLightAUTO:SHIELDPROF|SHIELDTYPE=Buckler|SHIELDTYPE=Heavy|SHIELDTYPE=Light
            > >
            > > the specific weapons are "taking" but the TYPEs are not. Will i have to specifically list each
            > > weapon? Also, I can't get the shield proficiency to work.
            > >
            > > Any help is appreciated

          • russbellon
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 20, 2013

              the light blade and shield proficiencies are not applying. Although, removing the Light blade bit completely gets the shield profs so that must be the issue. and checking the logs i see the following:

              18:06:00.842 SEVERE Thread-6 LstObjectFileLoader:465 Error parsing file file:/C:/Users/Russ/AppData/Local/PCGen/PCGEN%20Autobuild/data/pathfinder/homebrew/our_homebrew/my_abilities.lst line 9: TYPE:Weapon.Martial.BladeLight
              java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: TYPE:Weapon.Martial.BladeLight
                  at pcgen.cdom.reference.AbstractReferenceManufacturer.getReference(AbstractReferenceManufacturer.java:678)
                  at pcgen.rules.context.TrackingManufacturer.getReference(TrackingManufacturer.java:140)
                  at pcgen.rules.context.AbstractReferenceContext.getCDOMReference(AbstractReferenceContext.java:157)
                  at pcgen.rules.context.TrackingReferenceContext.getCDOMReference(TrackingReferenceContext.java:60)
                  at plugin.lsttokens.auto.WeaponProfToken.parseNonEmptyToken(WeaponProfToken.java:187)
                  at plugin.lsttokens.auto.WeaponProfToken.parseNonEmptyToken(WeaponProfToken.java:49)
                  at pcgen.rules.persistence.token.AbstractNonEmptyToken.parseToken(AbstractNonEmptyToken.java:38)
                  at pcgen.rules.persistence.TokenSupport.processSubToken(TokenSupport.java:131)
                  at pcgen.rules.context.LoadContext.processSubToken(LoadContext.java:256)
                  at plugin.lsttokens.AutoLst.parseNonEmptyToken(AutoLst.java:51)
                  at plugin.lsttokens.AutoLst.parseNonEmptyToken(AutoLst.java:31)
                  at pcgen.rules.persistence.token.AbstractNonEmptyToken.parseToken(AbstractNonEmptyToken.java:38)
                  at pcgen.rules.persistence.TokenSupport.processToken(TokenSupport.java:62)
                  at pcgen.rules.context.LoadContext.processToken(LoadContext.java:262)
                  at pcgen.persistence.lst.LstUtils.processToken(LstUtils.java:161)
                  at pcgen.persistence.lst.AbilityLoader.parseLine(AbilityLoader.java:88)
                  at pcgen.persistence.lst.AbilityLoader.parseLine(AbilityLoader.java:47)
                  at pcgen.persistence.lst.LstObjectFileLoader.loadLstFile(LstObjectFileLoader.java:447)
                  at pcgen.persistence.lst.LstObjectFileLoader.loadLstFiles(LstObjectFileLoader.java:117)
                  at pcgen.persistence.SourceFileLoader.loadCampaigns(SourceFileLoader.java:587)
                  at pcgen.persistence.SourceFileLoader.loadCampaigns(SourceFileLoader.java:479)
                  at pcgen.persistence.SourceFileLoader.execute(SourceFileLoader.java:214)
                  at pcgen.gui2.PCGenStatusBar$TaskExecutor.construct(PCGenStatusBar.java:167)
                  at pcgen.gui2.PCGenStatusBar$TaskExecutor.construct(PCGenStatusBar.java:130)
                  at pcgen.gui2.util.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:146)
                  at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 20, 2013
                Russ,

                Notice the issue is listed right there -

                On 9/20/2013 5:41 PM, russbellon@... wrote:
                > java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: TYPE:Weapon.Martial.BladeLight

                'TYPE.' not 'TYPE:' like I pointed out in the first correction post.

                AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE.Weapon.Martial.BladeLight

                See? Not COLON, but PERIOD.

                Cheers,
              • russbellon
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 20, 2013

                  apparently i need to use my reading glasses :)

                  No more errors, but it still doesn't apply the proficiency.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 20, 2013
                    The Shield, the weapon, both?

                    On 9/20/2013 6:12 PM, russbellon@... wrote:

                    > apparently i need to use my reading glasses :)
                    >
                    > No more errors, but it still doesn't apply the proficiency.
                    >

                    > --- In pcgenlistfilehelp@yahoogroups.com, <drew0500@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > Russ,
                    >
                    > Notice the issue is listed right there -
                    >
                    > On 9/20/2013 5:41 PM, russbellon@... <mailto:russbellon@...> wrote:
                    > > java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: TYPE:Weapon.Martial.BladeLight
                    >

                    > 'TYPE.' not 'TYPE:' like I pointed out in the first correction post.
                    >
                    > AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE.Weapon.Martial.BladeLight
                    >
                    > See? Not COLON, but PERIOD.
                    >
                    > Cheers,

                  • russbellon
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 20, 2013

                      the shield works. the Light Blades do not. I am beginning to wonder if the system doesn't support this kind of use of TYPE? I want to apply proficiencies for all martial and simple light bladed weapons.

                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 20, 2013
                        AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE.Bladelight

                        Not work?

                        On 9/20/2013 6:51 PM, russbellon@... wrote:

                        > the shield works. the Light Blades do not. I am beginning to wonder if the system doesn't support
                        > this kind of use of TYPE? I want to apply proficiencies for all martial and simple light bladed weapons.
                        >

                        > --- In pcgenlistfilehelp@yahoogroups.com, <drew0500@...> wrote:
                        >
                        > The Shield, the weapon, both?
                        >

                        > On 9/20/2013 6:12 PM, russbellon@... <mailto:russbellon@...> wrote:
                        > >

                        > > apparently i need to use my reading glasses :)
                        > >
                        > > No more errors, but it still doesn't apply the proficiency.
                        > >

                        > > --- In pcgenlistfilehelp@yahoogroups.com <mailto:pcgenlistfilehelp@yahoogroups.com>, <drew0500@...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Russ,
                        > >
                        > > Notice the issue is listed right there -
                        > >
                        > > On 9/20/2013 5:41 PM, russbellon@... <mailto:russbellon@...> wrote:
                        > > > java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: TYPE:Weapon.Martial.BladeLight
                        > >

                        > > 'TYPE.' not 'TYPE:' like I pointed out in the first correction post.
                        > >
                        > > AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE.Weapon.Martial.BladeLight
                        > >
                        > > See? Not COLON, but PERIOD.
                        > >
                        > > Cheers,

                      • russbellon
                        Message 11 of 12 , Sep 20, 2013

                          awesome, that works!

                          --- In pcgenlistfilehelp@yahoogroups.com, <drew0500@...> wrote:

                          AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE.Bladelight

                          Not work?

                          On 9/20/2013 6:51 PM, russbellon@... wrote:

                          > the shield works. the Light Blades do not. I am beginning to wonder if the system doesn't support
                          > this kind of use of TYPE? I want to apply proficiencies for all martial and simple light bladed weapons.
                          >

                          > --- In pcgenlistfilehelp@yahoogroups.com, <drew0500@...> wrote:
                          >
                          > The Shield, the weapon, both?
                          >

                          > On 9/20/2013 6:12 PM, russbellon@... <mailto:russbellon@...> wrote:
                          > >

                          > > apparently i need to use my reading glasses :)
                          > >
                          > > No more errors, but it still doesn't apply the proficiency.
                          > >

                          > > --- In pcgenlistfilehelp@yahoogroups.com <mailto:pcgenlistfilehelp@yahoogroups.com>, <drew0500@...> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Russ,
                          > >
                          > > Notice the issue is listed right there -
                          > >
                          > > On 9/20/2013 5:41 PM, russbellon@... <mailto:russbellon@...> wrote:
                          > > > java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: TYPE:Weapon.Martial.BladeLight
                          > >

                          > > 'TYPE.' not 'TYPE:' like I pointed out in the first correction post.
                          > >
                          > > AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE.Weapon.Martial.BladeLight
                          > >
                          > > See? Not COLON, but PERIOD.
                          > >
                          > > Cheers,

                        • Barak
                          Message 12 of 12 , Sep 20, 2013

                            Is the TYPE on the weapon or the proficiency for the weapon?  It should be on the proficiency IIRC...

                            Barak