Natural attacks broken

  • Jorge Jr
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2003
      I have a problem when I created a custom race using the list editor.
      I used a copy of the minotaur and changed a few things, but I kept
      the 'gore' proficiency and 'gore' natural attack. When I go into the
      character creator and try to use my modified minotaur race, I can't
      equip the natural weapon 'gore' because he has quantity 0 of this
      item. But when I used the default minotaur race, then I can equip
      the 'gore' weapon.
      I found that on custom races, natural attacks are written differently
      than the default ones. I'll use the gore one as an example:

      default:
      NATURALATTACKS:None|Gore,Weapon.Natural.Melee.Bludgeoning,1,1d8
      custom:
      NATURALATTACKS:Gore,WEAPON.NATURAL.MELEE.BLUDGEONING,*1,1d8

      The 'None' part is gone and an asterisk is added before the number
      attacks. These changes break the weapon and when used in the
      character creation process, you have 0 natural weapons available.
      And when I manually fixed this in the .lst file, it worked perfectly,
      but any change to any custom race, resets the fix to the incorrect
      format.
      Anyone have any ideas on this?