Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Educated Feat

    Message 1 of 10 , May 1, 2003
      Order doesn't matter.  It's just easier for us more advanced LST editors to have the BONUS after the MULT/STACK/CHOOSE statements.  Easier for quicker editing.

      I will miss that ability when we go XML.  Greatly.

      Tir Gwaith
      PCGen BoD
      Data Silverback
        Message 3 of 10 , May 1, 2003
          Oops,sorry..

          CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=2|SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2

          (And I'm not real sure you need the trailing 2 any more...)

          Barak
          - PCGen BoD
          - OS Silverback

        • Paul Grosse
          Message 4 of 10 , May 1, 2003
            Grrrr, now it works just fine. Maybe I hadn't reloaded the sources.

            > Yep the 2nd one worked like I ment it to. But I'm still
            > having issues with the Educated feat, I added the MULT tag
            > and it brings up a choose box but for some reason it will
            > only let me select one skill, shouldn't the following give
            > you a choice of two skills?
            >
            > CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>
            > >

            > > You need a MULT:YES in there or the chooser won't pop up.
            > >
            > > Educated<tab>
            > > VISIBLE:YES<tab>
            > > DESC:Your education benefits you<tab>
            > > MULT:YES<tab>
            > > CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>
            > > BONUS:SKILL|LIST|2<tab> CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>
            > > SOURCEPAGE:DPHB, v1.17<tab>
            > >
            > > You might also want to put a stacks tag in there to let it
            > > know if you can
            > > or cannot choose the same skill twice.
            > >
            > > As far as I can see the second item should work just fine as is.
            > >
            > > Barak
            > > - PCGen BoD
            > > - OS Silverback

          • Paul Grosse
            Message 5 of 10 , May 1, 2003
              I take that back, I had two feats availible and it just used the other
              one.

              > Grrrr, now it works just fine. Maybe I hadn't reloaded the sources.
              >

              > > Yep the 2nd one worked like I ment it to. But I'm still
              > > having issues with the Educated feat, I added the MULT tag
              > > and it brings up a choose box but for some reason it will
              > > only let me select one skill, shouldn't the following give
              > > you a choice of two skills?
              > >
              > > CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>
              > > >

              > > > You need a MULT:YES in there or the chooser won't pop up.
              > > >
              > > > Educated<tab>
              > > > VISIBLE:YES<tab>
              > > > DESC:Your education benefits you<tab>
              > > > MULT:YES<tab>
              > > > CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>
              > > > BONUS:SKILL|LIST|2<tab> CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>
              > > > SOURCEPAGE:DPHB, v1.17<tab>
              > > >
              > > > You might also want to put a stacks tag in there to let it
              > > > know if you can
              > > > or cannot choose the same skill twice.
              > > >
              > > > As far as I can see the second item should work just fine as is.
              > > >
              > > > Barak
              > > > - PCGen BoD
              > > > - OS Silverback

            • Tommy Williams
              Message 6 of 10 , May 1, 2003
                Message
                I stand corrected...  or in this case, sit..  ;)