Re: Use of this Forum

  • bulldozer3ca
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2002
      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Mynex" <mynex3@h...> wrote:
      > Well, then you have the right spot. :)
      >
      > What's the problem with the class? And what's it supposed to do
      > that's it not?
      >
      > Mynex

      Thanks for helping me,

      Here are my 3 problems:

      Unarmed Attack Bonus Progression:
      Needed: Level 1 = +1, Level 2 = +2, etc. (+1 for each level)
      Now: Level 0 = +0, Level 2 = +1, etc. (+1 for each level)

      Unarmed Attack Attack Progression:
      Needed: Added to Monk (Monk + Peaceful Hand Disciple Levels)
      Now: Seems to be 3 levels less than sum of both

      Fort/Ref/Will Saves Progression:
      Needed: Level 1 and 2 = +2, Level 3 and 4 = +3, etc. (+1 for
      each 2 levels)

      Now: Level 1 = +2, Level 2 and 3 = +3, etc. (+1 for each 2
      levels)

      I had some feat dependencies problems but figured them out (Evasion
      is a PRESA, not a PREFEAT)

      By the way, what is the difference between a Feat and Special
      Ability ?
      (The only differences that I saw in PCGen was for the "+%|1" thing,
      which is neat, but what is the difference in D&D ?)

      Who approves the stuff to be in the Official Release ?
      How are the stuff submitted for approval ?

      Thanks,
      Bulldozer
      The paramecium full of questions
    • Mynex
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 1, 2002
        Okay.. 1st the attack/save progressions for a single class is not a
        problem.. I'll figure out the DEFINE statement you'll need and let you
        know... combining the 2 class attack progressions together I don't think
        is possible, but I'll look into it.

        Difference between feats and special abilities... hrmm.. well, anyone
        can get feats, but Special abilities are racial & class dependant...
        that's not all the differences, but that's it in a nutshell.

        Mynex
        - Dark Sith Silverback Android, Dark Lord of the Docs, The Sleepless One

        > What's the problem with the class? And what's it supposed to do
        > that's it not?
        >
        > Mynex

        Thanks for helping me,

        Here are my 3 problems:

        Unarmed Attack Bonus Progression:
              Needed: Level 1 = +1, Level 2 = +2, etc. (+1 for each level)
              Now:      Level 0 = +0, Level 2 = +1, etc. (+1 for each level)

        Unarmed Attack Attack Progression:
              Needed: Added to Monk (Monk + Peaceful Hand Disciple Levels)
              Now:      Seems to be 3 levels less than sum of both

        Fort/Ref/Will Saves Progression:
              Needed: Level 1 and 2 = +2, Level 3 and 4 = +3, etc. (+1 for
        each 2 levels)

              Now:      Level 1 = +2, Level 2 and 3 = +3, etc. (+1 for each 2
        levels)

        I had some feat dependencies problems but figured them out (Evasion
        is a PRESA, not a PREFEAT)

        By the way, what is the difference between a Feat and Special
        Ability ?
        (The only differences that I saw in PCGen was for the "+%|1" thing,
        which is neat, but what is the difference in D&D ?)

        Who approves the stuff to be in the Official Release ?
        How are the stuff submitted for approval ?

        Thanks,
        Bulldozer
        The paramecium full of questions

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • bulldozer3ca
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 1, 2002
          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Mynex" <mynex3@h...> wrote:
          > combining the 2 class attack progressions together I don't think
          > is possible, but I'll look into it.

          I copied the attack progression of the "Drunken Master" from "Wotc -
          Sword and Fist".

          From memory, I tought that it did, but all I can see in the book
          is "Base Attack Bonus: None that, like a monk, a drunken master makes
          unarmed iterative attacks at a -3 penality, not the usual -5
          penality".

          This could explain the current base attack behaviour.

          Bulldozer