Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Educated Feat

  • Tommy Williams
    Message 1 of 10 , May 1, 2003
      Unless something has changed, you still need a MULT: tag whenever you have a CHOOSE tag. Also, I know the srd files have the BONUS after the CHOOSE, so I'm assuming the order does matter, especially in this case since the bonus is based on a selection from CHOOSE.
      Message 2 of 10 , May 1, 2003
        Message
        The order doesn't matter.  :p

        The missing MULT most certainly does.

        Barak
        - PCGen BoD
        - OS Silverback

        Message 3 of 10 , May 1, 2003
          Order doesn't matter.  It's just easier for us more advanced LST editors to have the BONUS after the MULT/STACK/CHOOSE statements.  Easier for quicker editing.

          I will miss that ability when we go XML.  Greatly.

          Tir Gwaith
          PCGen BoD
          Data Silverback
            Message 5 of 10 , May 1, 2003
              Oops,sorry..

              CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=2|SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2

              (And I'm not real sure you need the trailing 2 any more...)

              Barak
              - PCGen BoD
              - OS Silverback

            • Paul Grosse
              Message 6 of 10 , May 1, 2003
                Grrrr, now it works just fine. Maybe I hadn't reloaded the sources.

                > Yep the 2nd one worked like I ment it to. But I'm still
                > having issues with the Educated feat, I added the MULT tag
                > and it brings up a choose box but for some reason it will
                > only let me select one skill, shouldn't the following give
                > you a choice of two skills?
                >
                > CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>
                > >

                > > You need a MULT:YES in there or the chooser won't pop up.
                > >
                > > Educated<tab>
                > > VISIBLE:YES<tab>
                > > DESC:Your education benefits you<tab>
                > > MULT:YES<tab>
                > > CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>
                > > BONUS:SKILL|LIST|2<tab> CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>
                > > SOURCEPAGE:DPHB, v1.17<tab>
                > >
                > > You might also want to put a stacks tag in there to let it
                > > know if you can
                > > or cannot choose the same skill twice.
                > >
                > > As far as I can see the second item should work just fine as is.
                > >
                > > Barak
                > > - PCGen BoD
                > > - OS Silverback

              • Paul Grosse
                Message 7 of 10 , May 1, 2003
                  I take that back, I had two feats availible and it just used the other
                  one.

                  > Grrrr, now it works just fine. Maybe I hadn't reloaded the sources.
                  >

                  > > Yep the 2nd one worked like I ment it to. But I'm still
                  > > having issues with the Educated feat, I added the MULT tag
                  > > and it brings up a choose box but for some reason it will
                  > > only let me select one skill, shouldn't the following give
                  > > you a choice of two skills?
                  > >
                  > > CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>
                  > > >

                  > > > You need a MULT:YES in there or the chooser won't pop up.
                  > > >
                  > > > Educated<tab>
                  > > > VISIBLE:YES<tab>
                  > > > DESC:Your education benefits you<tab>
                  > > > MULT:YES<tab>
                  > > > CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>
                  > > > BONUS:SKILL|LIST|2<tab> CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>
                  > > > SOURCEPAGE:DPHB, v1.17<tab>
                  > > >
                  > > > You might also want to put a stacks tag in there to let it
                  > > > know if you can
                  > > > or cannot choose the same skill twice.
                  > > >
                  > > > As far as I can see the second item should work just fine as is.
                  > > >
                  > > > Barak
                  > > > - PCGen BoD
                  > > > - OS Silverback

                • Tommy Williams
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 1, 2003
                    Message
                    I stand corrected...  or in this case, sit..  ;)