RE: [PCGenListFileHelp] Educated Feat

  • Barak
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 30, 2003
      You need a MULT:YES in there or the chooser won't pop up.

      Educated<tab>
      VISIBLE:YES<tab>
      DESC:Your education benefits you<tab>
      MULT:YES<tab>
      CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>
      BONUS:SKILL|LIST|2<tab> CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>
      SOURCEPAGE:DPHB, v1.17<tab>

      You might also want to put a stacks tag in there to let it know if you can
      or cannot choose the same skill twice.

      As far as I can see the second item should work just fine as is.

      Barak
      - PCGen BoD
      - OS Silverback

    • Tommy Williams

        Message 3 of 10 , May 1, 2003
          Message
          The order doesn't matter.  :p

          The missing MULT most certainly does.

          Barak
          - PCGen BoD
          - OS Silverback

          Message 4 of 10 , May 1, 2003
            Order doesn't matter.  It's just easier for us more advanced LST editors to have the BONUS after the MULT/STACK/CHOOSE statements.  Easier for quicker editing.

            I will miss that ability when we go XML.  Greatly.

            Tir Gwaith
            PCGen BoD
            Data Silverback
            Unless something has changed, you still need a MULT: tag whenever you have a CHOOSE tag. Also, I know the srd files have the BONUS after the CHOOSE, so I'm assuming the order does matter, especially in this case since the bonus is based on a selection from CHOOSE.
          • Paul Grosse
            Message 5 of 10 , May 1, 2003
              Yep the 2nd one worked like I ment it to. But I'm still having issues
              with the Educated feat, I added the MULT tag and it brings up a choose
              box but for some reason it will only let me select one skill,
              shouldn't the following give you a choice of two skills?

              CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>

              > You need a MULT:YES in there or the chooser won't pop up.
              >
              > Educated<tab>
              > VISIBLE:YES<tab>
              > DESC:Your education benefits you<tab>
              > MULT:YES<tab>
              > CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>
              > BONUS:SKILL|LIST|2<tab> CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>
              > SOURCEPAGE:DPHB, v1.17<tab>
              >
              > You might also want to put a stacks tag in there to let it
              > know if you can
              > or cannot choose the same skill twice.
              >
              > As far as I can see the second item should work just fine as is.
              >
              > Barak
              > - PCGen BoD
              > - OS Silverback

            • Barak
              Message 6 of 10 , May 1, 2003
                Oops,sorry..

                CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=2|SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2

                (And I'm not real sure you need the trailing 2 any more...)

                Barak
                - PCGen BoD
                - OS Silverback

              • Paul Grosse
                Message 7 of 10 , May 1, 2003
                  Grrrr, now it works just fine. Maybe I hadn't reloaded the sources.

                  > Yep the 2nd one worked like I ment it to. But I'm still
                  > having issues with the Educated feat, I added the MULT tag
                  > and it brings up a choose box but for some reason it will
                  > only let me select one skill, shouldn't the following give
                  > you a choice of two skills?
                  >
                  > CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>
                  > >

                  > > You need a MULT:YES in there or the chooser won't pop up.
                  > >
                  > > Educated<tab>
                  > > VISIBLE:YES<tab>
                  > > DESC:Your education benefits you<tab>
                  > > MULT:YES<tab>
                  > > CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>
                  > > BONUS:SKILL|LIST|2<tab> CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>
                  > > SOURCEPAGE:DPHB, v1.17<tab>
                  > >
                  > > You might also want to put a stacks tag in there to let it
                  > > know if you can
                  > > or cannot choose the same skill twice.
                  > >
                  > > As far as I can see the second item should work just fine as is.
                  > >
                  > > Barak
                  > > - PCGen BoD
                  > > - OS Silverback

                • Paul Grosse
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 1, 2003
                    I take that back, I had two feats availible and it just used the other
                    one.

                    > Grrrr, now it works just fine. Maybe I hadn't reloaded the sources.
                    >

                    > > Yep the 2nd one worked like I ment it to. But I'm still
                    > > having issues with the Educated feat, I added the MULT tag
                    > > and it brings up a choose box but for some reason it will
                    > > only let me select one skill, shouldn't the following give
                    > > you a choice of two skills?
                    > >
                    > > CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>
                    > > >

                    > > > You need a MULT:YES in there or the chooser won't pop up.
                    > > >
                    > > > Educated<tab>
                    > > > VISIBLE:YES<tab>
                    > > > DESC:Your education benefits you<tab>
                    > > > MULT:YES<tab>
                    > > > CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>
                    > > > BONUS:SKILL|LIST|2<tab> CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>
                    > > > SOURCEPAGE:DPHB, v1.17<tab>
                    > > >
                    > > > You might also want to put a stacks tag in there to let it
                    > > > know if you can
                    > > > or cannot choose the same skill twice.
                    > > >
                    > > > As far as I can see the second item should work just fine as is.
                    > > >
                    > > > Barak
                    > > > - PCGen BoD
                    > > > - OS Silverback

                  • Tommy Williams
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 1, 2003
                      Message
                      I stand corrected...  or in this case, sit..  ;)