Educated Feat

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 30, 2003
      Okay can someone tell me why the following feat doesn't work for me?

      Educated<tab>
      VISIBLE:YES<tab>
      DESC:Your education benefits you<tab>
      BONUS:SKILL|LIST|2<tab>
      CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>
      SOURCEPAGE:DPHB, v1.17<tab>

      It is supposed let you pick two knowledge skills and give a +2 bonus
      to each.

      And on a similar note will the following skill work the way I intend?

      Synthesized Mind<tab>
      VISIBLE:YES<tab>
      DESC:Your broad knowledge enables you to make connections others
      miss<tab>
      <BONUS:SKILL|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>
      TYPE:GENERAL.CUSTOM<tab>
      SOURCEPAGE:DPHB, v1.17

      It's supposed to add a +2 bonus to all knowledge skills

      Paul "Yes that Paul" Grosse
    • Barak
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 30, 2003
        You need a MULT:YES in there or the chooser won't pop up.

        Educated<tab>
        VISIBLE:YES<tab>
        DESC:Your education benefits you<tab>
        MULT:YES<tab>
        CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>
        BONUS:SKILL|LIST|2<tab> CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>
        SOURCEPAGE:DPHB, v1.17<tab>

        You might also want to put a stacks tag in there to let it know if you can
        or cannot choose the same skill twice.

        As far as I can see the second item should work just fine as is.

        Barak
        - PCGen BoD
        - OS Silverback

      • Tommy Williams

          Message 4 of 10 , May 1, 2003
            Message
            The order doesn't matter.  :p

            The missing MULT most certainly does.

            Barak
            - PCGen BoD
            - OS Silverback

            Message 5 of 10 , May 1, 2003
              Order doesn't matter.  It's just easier for us more advanced LST editors to have the BONUS after the MULT/STACK/CHOOSE statements.  Easier for quicker editing.

              I will miss that ability when we go XML.  Greatly.

              Tir Gwaith
              PCGen BoD
              Data Silverback
              Unless something has changed, you still need a MULT: tag whenever you have a CHOOSE tag. Also, I know the srd files have the BONUS after the CHOOSE, so I'm assuming the order does matter, especially in this case since the bonus is based on a selection from CHOOSE.
            • Paul Grosse
              Message 6 of 10 , May 1, 2003
                Yep the 2nd one worked like I ment it to. But I'm still having issues
                with the Educated feat, I added the MULT tag and it brings up a choose
                box but for some reason it will only let me select one skill,
                shouldn't the following give you a choice of two skills?

                CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>

                > You need a MULT:YES in there or the chooser won't pop up.
                >
                > Educated<tab>
                > VISIBLE:YES<tab>
                > DESC:Your education benefits you<tab>
                > MULT:YES<tab>
                > CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>
                > BONUS:SKILL|LIST|2<tab> CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>
                > SOURCEPAGE:DPHB, v1.17<tab>
                >
                > You might also want to put a stacks tag in there to let it
                > know if you can
                > or cannot choose the same skill twice.
                >
                > As far as I can see the second item should work just fine as is.
                >
                > Barak
                > - PCGen BoD
                > - OS Silverback

              • Barak
                Message 7 of 10 , May 1, 2003
                  Oops,sorry..

                  CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=2|SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2

                  (And I'm not real sure you need the trailing 2 any more...)

                  Barak
                  - PCGen BoD
                  - OS Silverback

                • Paul Grosse
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 1, 2003
                    Grrrr, now it works just fine. Maybe I hadn't reloaded the sources.

                    > Yep the 2nd one worked like I ment it to. But I'm still
                    > having issues with the Educated feat, I added the MULT tag
                    > and it brings up a choose box but for some reason it will
                    > only let me select one skill, shouldn't the following give
                    > you a choice of two skills?
                    >
                    > CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>
                    > >

                    > > You need a MULT:YES in there or the chooser won't pop up.
                    > >
                    > > Educated<tab>
                    > > VISIBLE:YES<tab>
                    > > DESC:Your education benefits you<tab>
                    > > MULT:YES<tab>
                    > > CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>
                    > > BONUS:SKILL|LIST|2<tab> CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>
                    > > SOURCEPAGE:DPHB, v1.17<tab>
                    > >
                    > > You might also want to put a stacks tag in there to let it
                    > > know if you can
                    > > or cannot choose the same skill twice.
                    > >
                    > > As far as I can see the second item should work just fine as is.
                    > >
                    > > Barak
                    > > - PCGen BoD
                    > > - OS Silverback

                  • Paul Grosse
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 1, 2003
                      I take that back, I had two feats availible and it just used the other
                      one.

                      > Grrrr, now it works just fine. Maybe I hadn't reloaded the sources.
                      >

                      > > Yep the 2nd one worked like I ment it to. But I'm still
                      > > having issues with the Educated feat, I added the MULT tag
                      > > and it brings up a choose box but for some reason it will
                      > > only let me select one skill, shouldn't the following give
                      > > you a choice of two skills?
                      > >
                      > > CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>
                      > > >

                      > > > You need a MULT:YES in there or the chooser won't pop up.
                      > > >
                      > > > Educated<tab>
                      > > > VISIBLE:YES<tab>
                      > > > DESC:Your education benefits you<tab>
                      > > > MULT:YES<tab>
                      > > > CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>
                      > > > BONUS:SKILL|LIST|2<tab> CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2<tab>
                      > > > SOURCEPAGE:DPHB, v1.17<tab>
                      > > >
                      > > > You might also want to put a stacks tag in there to let it
                      > > > know if you can
                      > > > or cannot choose the same skill twice.
                      > > >
                      > > > As far as I can see the second item should work just fine as is.
                      > > >
                      > > > Barak
                      > > > - PCGen BoD
                      > > > - OS Silverback

                    • Tommy Williams
                      Message 10 of 10 , May 1, 2003
                        Message
                        I stand corrected...  or in this case, sit..  ;)