Bug hunting part 4. .FORGETting skills

  • Arjan
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 28, 2013
      In my recent campaign we have decided to roll some knowledge skills into one. So I made a lst file and .FORGET some of these skills. This generates lots of errors since the RSRD refers to those skills. It is impossible to make the skills invisible because VISIBLE:NO is not valid for skills. Any idea about how the do this.

      I decide on VISIBLE:GUI to remove them from the OS. But an error is easily made dureing level up since there is noway to rename the skill in the GUI to something else. As far as I know.

      Any idea on how to get a more elegant solution?

      Thanx,
      Arjan
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 28, 2013
        Skill.MOD <> KEY:z_no longer used OUTPUTNAME:z_Use New Skill <> VISIBLE:GUI or VISIBLE:DISPLAY
        (either should work)

        Cheers,

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 28, 2013
          Ignore the KEY portion, that'll mess you up.

          That should have been SORTKEY.

          Cheers,

          On 8/28/2013 6:29 AM, Arjan wrote:
          > In my recent campaign we have decided to roll some knowledge skills into one. So I made a lst file and .FORGET some of these skills. This generates lots of errors since the RSRD refers to those skills. It is impossible to make the skills invisible because VISIBLE:NO is not valid for skills. Any idea about how the do this.
          >
          > I decide on VISIBLE:GUI to remove them from the OS. But an error is easily made dureing level up since there is noway to rename the skill in the GUI to something else. As far as I know.
          >
          > Any idea on how to get a more elegant solution?
          >
          > Thanx,
          > Arjan

        • Arjan
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 28, 2013
            This shifts the useless skill to the end of the line of knowledge skills but does not rename then in the GUI. Anyway, better than nothing at least. Thanx.

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 28, 2013
              Are you using the Preference to display the outputname for skills?

              On 8/28/2013 12:26 PM, Arjan wrote:
              > This shifts the useless skill to the end of the line of knowledge skills but does not rename then in the GUI. Anyway, better than nothing at least. Thanx.
              >
              > Arjan

              >> Skill.MOD <> KEY:z_no longer used OUTPUTNAME:z_Use New Skill <> VISIBLE:GUI or VISIBLE:DISPLAY
              >> (either should work)
              >>
              >> Cheers,
              >>
              >> On 8/28/2013 6:29 AM, Arjan wrote:
              >>> In my recent campaign we have decided to roll some knowledge skills into one. So I made a lst file and .FORGET some of these skills. This generates lots of errors since the RSRD refers to those skills. It is impossible to make the skills invisible because VISIBLE:NO is not valid for skills. Any idea about how the do this.
              >>>
              >>> I decide on VISIBLE:GUI to remove them from the OS. But an error is easily made dureing level up since there is noway to rename the skill in the GUI to something else. As far as I know.
              >>>
              >>> Any idea on how to get a more elegant solution?
              >>>
              >>> Thanx,
              >>> Arjan

            • Arjan
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 28, 2013
                No I did not. Didn't know that option existed by the way. I'll go hunt it down.