Damage Bonus in homebrew template is not working correctly

  • virtualjack@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2013

      In pcgen 6.00.1, I'm having trouble with making the damage bonus in the following template work. The TOHIT and CHECKS bonuses kick in nicely, but for some reason the damage in BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT,DAMAGE.MELEE,DAMAGE.RANGED,DAMAGE.NATURAL doesn't get picked up.

      InspireCourage VISIBLE:YES SOURCEPAGE:p.55 BONUS:CHECKS|Fortitude,Reflex,Will|+1*(%CHOICE)|TYPE=Morale|PREAPPLY:ANYPC BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT,DAMAGE.MELEE,DAMAGE.RANGED,DAMAGE.NATURAL|+1*(%CHOICE)|TYPE=Competence|PREAPPLY:ANYPC CHOOSE:NUMBER|MIN=1|MAX=5|TITLE=Inspiration Amount TEMPDESC:You are inspired by a bardic performance

      Any ideas? Is there a better format?

      ---Jack
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2013
        On 8/3/2013 10:13 AM, virtualjack@... wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > In pcgen 6.00.1, I'm having trouble with making the damage bonus in the following template work. The TOHIT and CHECKS bonuses kick in nicely, but for some reason the damage in BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT,DAMAGE.MELEE,DAMAGE.RANGED,DAMAGE.NATURAL doesn't get picked up.
        >
        > InspireCourage VISIBLE:YES SOURCEPAGE:p.55 BONUS:CHECKS|Fortitude,Reflex,Will|+1*(%CHOICE)|TYPE=Morale|PREAPPLY:ANYPC BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT,DAMAGE.MELEE,DAMAGE.RANGED,DAMAGE.NATURAL|+1*(%CHOICE)|TYPE=Competence|PREAPPLY:ANYPC CHOOSE:NUMBER|MIN=1|MAX=5|TITLE=Inspiration Amount TEMPDESC:You are inspired by a bardic performance
        >
        > Any ideas? Is there a better format?

        Let's split that out:

        BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT|+1*(%CHOICE)|TYPE=Competence|PREAPPLY:ANYPC
        BONUS:COMBAT|DAMAGE.Melee,DAMAGE.Ranged,DAMAGE.Natural|+1*(%CHOICE)|TYPE=Competence|PREAPPLY:ANYPC

        If that doesn't work then use:

        BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT|+1*(%CHOICE)|TYPE=Competence|PREAPPLY:ANYPC
        BONUS:COMBAT|DAMAGE.Melee|+1*(%CHOICE)|TYPE=Competence|PREAPPLY:ANYPC
        BONUS:COMBAT|DAMAGE.Ranged|+1*(%CHOICE)|TYPE=Competence|PREAPPLY:ANYPC
        BONUS:COMBAT|DAMAGE.Natural|+1*(%CHOICE)|TYPE=Competence|PREAPPLY:ANYPC

        Let me know if that solves the issue.

        Cheers,

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 2013
          Splitting it out worked, but only after I manually deleted the bonus from my character pcg.

          For some reason, I had both Morale and Competence bonus for this temporary bonus so I fixed that as well (it should be morale). Now onto the next fun thing to lst file to modify (new treasure).