Syntax Highlighter Bundle

    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 30, 2013
      Hi Folks,

      I've taken the most up to date syntax files in our repo and bundled them onto SF - direct download
      here:
      http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcgen/files/Syntax%20Highlighters/editor%20syntax%20Bundle.zip/download%7C

      This does include the recent additions by Doug Limmer and myself for the notepad++

    • Allen Cohn
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 31, 2013
        Thank you for doing this.

        Do you know if for Notepad++...if I'm already using an old LST syntax
        file...whether I need to uninstall the old first or can I just copy the new
        files over on top of the old?

        Thanks,
        Allen
      • Ainvar G
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 8, 2013
          Did you get this to work for you Allen? For some reason, none of the syntax files seem to be recognized by my Notepad++, but I have really not had any time to do much more than import them and not see any change.

          AinvarG

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 8, 2013
            The only thing I can think of at the moment - Did you set up the color scheme?

            You need to set the color for each group.

            On 8/8/2013 12:10 PM, Ainvar G wrote:
            > Did you get this to work for you Allen? For some reason, none of the syntax files seem to be recognized by my Notepad++, but I have really not had any time to do much more than import them and not see any change.
            >

            > AinvarG
            >

            > ________________________________

          • Ainvar G
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 8, 2013
              When I look at the "user-defined GUI" for each of them and there's nothing in there - just the name.

              I will download them again and try re-importing.

              AinvarG

              ________________________________
              The only thing I can think of at the moment - Did you set up the color scheme?

              You need to set the color for each group.

              On 8/8/2013 12:10 PM, Ainvar G wrote:
              > Did you get this to work for you Allen? For some reason, none of the syntax files seem to be recognized by my Notepad++, but I have really not had any time to do much more than import them and not see any change.
              >

              > AinvarG
              >

              > ________________________________

            • Doug Limmer
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 8, 2013
                Here's what I did with Notepad++ (version 6.3.2):

                1. Go to the Language menu.
                2. Choose "Define your language".
                3. Choose "Import..."
                4. Choose the appropriate file, and get the "Import successful" dialog box.
                5. Close the User Defined Language dialog box.
                6. Under the Language menu ... it's not listed!
                7. Close the program.
                8. Re-open the program.
                9. The new language is now in the Language menu!

                That's how it worked for me, anyway.

                DS/DL

                On 8/8/2013 5:06 PM, Ainvar G wrote:

                > When I look at the "user-defined GUI" for each of them and there's
                > nothing in there - just the name.
                >
                > I will download them again and try re-importing.
                >
                > AinvarG
                >
                > ________________________________

              • Russ Bellon
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 8, 2013
                  All i did was just unzip the xml files to my Users/Your Profile
                  name/AppData/Roaming/Notepad++ folder

                • Allen Cohn
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 16, 2013
                    When I looked inside the bundle's folder for Notepad++, I found three files:

                    PCGen Npp style.xml
                    pcgen.xml
                    userDefineLang.xml

                    Was I supposed to import all three (and/or place all three in the Users/Your Profile name/AppData/Roaming/Notepad++ folder)?

                    Thanks,
                    Allen

                    --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Russ Bellon <russbellon@...> wrote:

                    > All i did was just unzip the xml files to my Users/Your Profile
                    > name/AppData/Roaming/Notepad++ folder
                    >
                    > On 8 August 2013 15:57, Doug Limmer <adventure@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > **
                    > >

                    > > Here's what I did with Notepad++ (version 6.3.2):
                    > >
                    > > 1. Go to the Language menu.
                    > > 2. Choose "Define your language".
                    > > 3. Choose "Import..."
                    > > 4. Choose the appropriate file, and get the "Import successful" dialog box.
                    > > 5. Close the User Defined Language dialog box.
                    > > 6. Under the Language menu ... it's not listed!
                    > > 7. Close the program.
                    > > 8. Re-open the program.
                    > > 9. The new language is now in the Language menu!
                    > >
                    > > That's how it worked for me, anyway.
                    > >
                    > > DS/DL
                  • Doug Limmer
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 16, 2013
                      I think they're three different syntax highlighting set-ups. You could
                      import all three; then you should have three versions to choose from.

                      DS/DL