Re: Spell Temporary bonus tab

  • John Bauldree
    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 18, 2013
      > Hello,
      > I am trying to add 2 spells to my homebrew list
      >
      > Spell One: Grants +2 attack bonus to only ranged attacks
      > Spell two: Grants +2 to all saves and +1 all saves per 6 caster levels (Max +5 bonus at 18th caster level)
      >
      > I am not sure how to write this up so it shows up in the Temporary bonus Tab under spells.
      > This is what I have right now and it's not working.
      >
      > SPELLONE.MOD BONUS:WEAPONPROF=TYPE.Ranged|TOHIT|2|TYPE=Morale
      > SPELLTWO.MOD BONUS:CHECKS|ALL|((%CHOICE/6)+2)|TYPE=Morale|PREAPPLY:ANYPC CHOOSE:NUMBER|MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose caster level

    • Maredudd
      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 18, 2013
        What version of PCGen and Gamemode are you using?

        Maredudd

        Sent from my iPad

        Message 3 of 22 , Jul 18, 2013
          You would think I would learn to include that info... heheh
          PCGen 6.00.01
          srd 3.5

          John Bauldree
          balingar@...

          Message 4 of 22 , Jul 18, 2013
            Ok,

            SPELLONE is missing the PREAPPLY tag completely.

            As for SPELLTWO, I' m not certain spells take a CHOOSE tag. I believe the problem is PCGen doesn't know when to fire the chooser.

            One of the Code Monkeys could better explain that though.

            On the other hand, I may be comp,early wrong . . . :-)

            Maredudd

            Message 5 of 22 , Jul 18, 2013
              hmmm... even after adding |PREAPPLY:ANYPC
              it doesn't show up in the lis I can select from.

              John Bauldree
              balingar@...

              Message 6 of 22 , Jul 18, 2013
                Just to be certain, your home brew spell.lst file is accompanied by a home brew PCMCIA file?

                Send me your files at maredudd at blackroot dot org and I'll look at it tonight.

                Maredudd

                PS At my day job so it will be several hours before I can get to it.

                Message 7 of 22 , Jul 19, 2013
                  Question #1: Spell One and Spell Two actually do exist?
                  Question #2: You aren't getting any errors at load up?

                  Solutions:
                  SpellOne.MOD BONUS:WEAPONPROF=TYPE.Ranged|TOHIT|2|TYPE=Morale|PREAPPLY:ANYPC

                  SpellTwo.MOD BONUS:CHECKS|ALL|2+(%CHOICE/6)|TYPE=Morale|PREAPPLY:ANYPC

                  Both should be displayed in the Temporary Bonus section, if not then the extreme version then
                  becomes this:

                  #Spells
                  SpellOne.MOD BONUS:VAR|SpellOneActivate|1|PREAPPLY:ANYPC
                  SPellTwo.MOD BONUS:VAR|SpellTwoActivate|1|PREAPPLY:ANYPC
                  BONUS:VAR|SpellTwoCasterlevel|%Choice|PREAPPLY:ANYPC CHOOSE:NUMBER|MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Caster Level
                  for SpellTwo

                  #Ability
                  CATEGORY=Internal|Default.MOD DEFINE:SpellOneActivate|0 DEFINE:SpellTwoActivate|0
                  ABILITY:Internal|AUTOMATIC|SpellOne Effects|PREVAREQ:SpellOneActivate,1
                  ABILITY:Internal|AUTOMATIC|SpellTwo Effects|PREVAREQ:SpellTwoActivate,1

                  SpellOne Effects CATEGORY:Internal BONUS:WEAPONPROF=TYPE.Ranged|TOHIT|2|TYPE=Morale

                  SpellTwo Effects CATEGORY:Internal BONUS:CHECKS|ALL|2+(SpellTwoCasterlevel/6)|TYPE=Morale

                  That should work.

                  Cheers,

                  Message 8 of 22 , Jul 19, 2013
                    hmmm...
                    Well I got them both working when I removed a lst file that seemed to be the culprit. I just took the infor out of the bad lst file and added to my spell list file and it all started working.
                    Figures I have a bad file.

                    To answer your questions Yes the Spells exist, but I had to move the info into my spell_lst file
                    and Yes I get a ton of errors, but I have been using the program fine with all the errors generally with no problem.
                    When I have alot of time I will try and fix the problems that are showing up in the logs.

                    John Bauldree
                    balingar@...

                    On Jul 19, 2013, at 11:00 AM, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:

                    > Question #1: Spell One and Spell Two actually do exist?
                    > Question #2: You aren't getting any errors at load up?
                    >
                    > Solutions:
                    > SpellOne.MOD BONUS:WEAPONPROF=TYPE.Ranged|TOHIT|2|TYPE=Morale|PREAPPLY:ANYPC
                    >
                    > SpellTwo.MOD BONUS:CHECKS|ALL|2+(%CHOICE/6)|TYPE=Morale|PREAPPLY:ANYPC
                    >
                    > Both should be displayed in the Temporary Bonus section, if not then the extreme version then
                    > becomes this:
                    >
                    > #Spells
                    > SpellOne.MOD BONUS:VAR|SpellOneActivate|1|PREAPPLY:ANYPC
                    > SPellTwo.MOD BONUS:VAR|SpellTwoActivate|1|PREAPPLY:ANYPC
                    > BONUS:VAR|SpellTwoCasterlevel|%Choice|PREAPPLY:ANYPC CHOOSE:NUMBER|MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Caster Level
                    > for SpellTwo
                    >
                    > #Ability
                    > CATEGORY=Internal|Default.MOD DEFINE:SpellOneActivate|0 DEFINE:SpellTwoActivate|0
                    > ABILITY:Internal|AUTOMATIC|SpellOne Effects|PREVAREQ:SpellOneActivate,1
                    > ABILITY:Internal|AUTOMATIC|SpellTwo Effects|PREVAREQ:SpellTwoActivate,1
                    >
                    > SpellOne Effects CATEGORY:Internal BONUS:WEAPONPROF=TYPE.Ranged|TOHIT|2|TYPE=Morale
                    >
                    > SpellTwo Effects CATEGORY:Internal BONUS:CHECKS|ALL|2+(SpellTwoCasterlevel/6)|TYPE=Morale
                    >
                    > That should work.
                    >
                    > Cheers,
                    >
                    > On 7/18/2013 11:16 AM, John Bauldree wrote:
                    > >

                    > >> Hello,
                    > >> I am trying to add 2 spells to my homebrew list
                    > >>
                    > >> Spell One: Grants +2 attack bonus to only ranged attacks
                    > >> Spell two: Grants +2 to all saves and +1 all saves per 6 caster levels (Max +5 bonus at 18th caster level)
                    > >>
                    > >> I am not sure how to write this up so it shows up in the Temporary bonus Tab under spells.
                    > >> This is what I have right now and it's not working.
                    > >>
                    > >> SPELLONE.MOD BONUS:WEAPONPROF=TYPE.Ranged|TOHIT|2|TYPE=Morale
                    > >> SPELLTWO.MOD BONUS:CHECKS|ALL|((%CHOICE/6)+2)|TYPE=Morale|PREAPPLY:ANYPC CHOOSE:NUMBER|MIN=1|MAX=20|TITLE=Choose caster level

                  • Al
                    Message 9 of 22 , Jul 24, 2013
                      OK I am trying to add the Green Ronin Shaman class to my class list. I have almost everything working except the Totem ability selection list is not coming up at the levels it is supposed to i have pasted information about how I configured it below. I must be missing something I just dnt see why it wont work. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

                      Abilitycategoreis file line.
                      ABILITYCATEGORY:Shaman Totem    CATEGORY:Special Ability    TYPE:ShamanTotem    EDITABLE:YES    EDITPOOL:NO    DISPLAYLOCATION:Class Abilities        VISIBLE:QUALIFY

                      Abilities file lines
                      Air Totem    CATEGORY:Special Ability    TYPE:ShamanTotem.SpecialQuality        DESC:Shamans gather much of their spiritual knowledge and power from spirit guides known as totems.
                      Animal Totem    CATEGORY:Special Ability    TYPE:ShamanTotem.SpecialQuality        DESC:Shamans gather much of their spiritual knowledge and power from spirit guides known as totems.
                      Death Totem    CATEGORY:Special Ability    TYPE:ShamanTotem.SpecialQuality        DESC:Shamans gather much of their spiritual knowledge and power from spirit guides known as totems.
                      Destruction Totem    CATEGORY:Special Ability    TYPE:ShamanTotem.SpecialQuality        DESC:Shamans gather much of their spiritual knowledge and power from spirit guides known as totems.
                      Earth Totem    CATEGORY:Special Ability    TYPE:ShamanTotem.SpecialQuality        DESC:Shamans gather much of their spiritual knowledge and power from spirit guides known as totems.
                      Fire Totem    CATEGORY:Special Ability    TYPE:ShamanTotem.SpecialQuality        DESC:Shamans gather much of their spiritual knowledge and power from spirit guides known as totems.
                      Healing Totem    CATEGORY:Special Ability    TYPE:ShamanTotem.SpecialQuality        DESC:Shamans gather much of their spiritual knowledge and power from spirit guides known as totems.
                      Knowledge Totem    CATEGORY:Special Ability    TYPE:ShamanTotem.SpecialQuality        DESC:Shamans gather much of their spiritual knowledge and power from spirit guides known as totems.
                      Luck Totem    CATEGORY:Special Ability    TYPE:ShamanTotem.SpecialQuality        DESC:Shamans gather much of their spiritual knowledge and power from spirit guides known as totems.
                      Plant Totem    CATEGORY:Special Ability    TYPE:ShamanTotem.SpecialQuality        DESC:Shamans gather much of their spiritual knowledge and power from spirit guides known as totems.
                      Protection Totem    CATEGORY:Special Ability    TYPE:ShamanTotem.SpecialQuality        DESC:Shamans gather much of their spiritual knowledge and power from spirit guides known as totems.
                      Strength Totem    CATEGORY:Special Ability    TYPE:ShamanTotem.SpecialQuality        DESC:Shamans gather much of their spiritual knowledge and power from spirit guides known as totems.
                      Travel Totem    CATEGORY:Special Ability    TYPE:ShamanTotem.SpecialQuality        DESC:Shamans gather much of their spiritual knowledge and power from spirit guides known as totems.
                      Trickery Totem    CATEGORY:Special Ability    TYPE:ShamanTotem.SpecialQuality        DESC:Shamans gather much of their spiritual knowledge and power from spirit guides known as totems.
                      War Totem    CATEGORY:Special Ability    TYPE:ShamanTotem.SpecialQuality        DESC:Shamans gather much of their spiritual knowledge and power from spirit guides known as totems.
                      Water Totem    CATEGORY:Special Ability    TYPE:ShamanTotem.SpecialQuality        DESC:Shamans gather much of their spiritual knowledge and power from spirit guides known as totems.

                      Class file lines
                      # Class Name    Hit Dice    Type            Abbreviation    Max Level        Source, Long Desc.        Source, Short Desc.    Source Page        Automatic Languages    Bonus Languages                    Save checks bonus                                            Combat bonus                    Add domain number
                      CLASS:Shaman-GRP    HD:8        TYPE:Base.PC    ABB:Clr        MAXLEVEL:1000    SOURCELONG:Player's Handbook    SOURCESHORT:phb        SOURCEPAGE:p.30        BONUS:CHECKS|BASE.Will|CL/2+2    BONUS:CHECKS|BASE.Fortitude,BASE.Reflex|CL/3    BONUS:COMBAT|BAB|CL*3/4|TYPE=Base.REPLACE    BONUS:DOMAIN|NUMBER|2
                      # Class Name    Skill Pts/Lvl    Class Skill
                      CLASS:Shaman-GRP    STARTSKILLPTS:4    CSKILL:Bluff|Concentration|TYPE=Craft|Diplomacy|Dreaming|Handle Animal|Heal|Intimidate|Knowledge (Nature)|Knowledge (Spirit World)|TYPE=Perform|Scry|TYPE=Profession|Spellcraft|Spirit Empathy|Swim|Trance|Survival
                      # Class Name    Spell Stat        Spell Type        Automaticaly Known Spell Levels                                            Caster level
                      CLASS:Shaman-GRP    SPELLSTAT:CHA    SPELLTYPE:Divine    KNOWNSPELLS:LEVEL=0|LEVEL=1|LEVEL=2|LEVEL=3|LEVEL=4|LEVEL=5|LEVEL=6|LEVEL=7|LEVEL=8|LEVEL=9    BONUS:CASTERLEVEL|Cleric|CL
                      1            SAB:Rebuke Spirits    SAB:Ancestor Spirit        BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Shaman Totem|1        BONUS:VAR|TurnTimesUndead|3+CHA|TYPE=Stat    BONUS:VAR|ImprovedTurningQual|1    DEFINE:ImprovedTurningQual|0    ADD:FEAT|TYPE=Undead    AUTO:FEAT|Base Turn
                      1            SAB:Detect Spirits                    BONUS:VAR|TurnLevelUndead|CL=Cleric    BONUS:VAR|ExtraTurningQual|1            DEFINE:ExtraTurningQual|0
                      1            BONUS:VAR|TurnDamagePlusUndead|CL=Cleric
                      1            BONUS:VAR|TurnCheckUndead|CHA|TYPE=Stat
                      4            SAB:Spirit Familiar
                      5            BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Shaman Totem|1     BONUS:DOMAIN|NUMBER|1
                      10           BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Shaman Totem|1    BONUS:DOMAIN|NUMBER|1
                      15           BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Shaman Totem|1    BONUS:DOMAIN|NUMBER|1
                      20           BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Shaman Totem|1    BONUS:DOMAIN|NUMBER|1
                      1    CAST:3,1                                                                                                                                                                AUTO:FEAT|Armor Proficiency (Light)|Armor Proficiency (Medium)|Simple Weapon Proficiency|Spontaneous Casting~Cleric
                      2    CAST:4,2
                      3    CAST:4,2,1
                      4    CAST:5,3,2
                      5    CAST:5,3,2,1
                      6    CAST:5,3,3,2
                      7    CAST:6,4,3,2,1
                      8    CAST:6,4,3,3,2
                      9    CAST:6,4,4,3,2,1
                      10    CAST:6,4,4,3,3,2
                      11    CAST:6,5,4,4,3,2,1
                      12    CAST:6,5,4,4,3,3,2
                      13    CAST:6,5,5,4,4,3,2,1
                      14    CAST:6,5,5,4,4,3,3,2
                      15    CAST:6,5,5,5,4,4,3,2,1
                      16    CAST:6,5,5,5,4,4,3,3,2
                      17    CAST:6,5,5,5,5,4,4,3,2,1
                      18    CAST:6,5,5,5,5,4,4,3,3,2
                      19    CAST:6,5,5,5,5,5,4,4,3,3
                      20    CAST:6,5,5,5,5,5,4,4,4,4

                      Alan R. Plechaty

                    • Bahamut Dragon
                      Message 10 of 22 , Jul 24, 2013
                        On 7/24/2013 5:40 AM, Al wrote:

                        > OK I am trying to add the Green Ronin Shaman class to my class list. I have almost everything
                        > working except the Totem ability selection list is not coming up at the levels it is supposed to i
                        > have pasted information about how I configured it below. I must be missing something I just dnt see
                        > why it wont work. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

                        Hey Al,

                        Lots of stuff to wind through mate, is it safe to say you expect to see your totem pool increase at
                        levels divisible by 5? ;-)

                        I dropped the lst direct into a text editor - are those spaces or tabs in your actual file? Check
                        level 5, it has an odd spacing before the domain. That might contribute to an issue. When you loaded
                        this up, did your log have any errors you could see? I've found that error log invaluable when
                        debugging my own lst code - even if you need a lesson in what those errors actually mean sometimes.
                        Common issues I've found - not loading the file in question (bad file name),

                        --
                        ~BD
                        https://github.com/BahamutDragon/pcgen
                        Message 11 of 22 , Jul 24, 2013
                          There are tabs between each section not spaces. I am not sure where to look for the log you mention no errors came up when loading sources.

                          Alan R. Plechaty

                          ________________________________

                          Message 12 of 22 , Jul 24, 2013
                            Hi Al,

                            In PCGen, under the Tools menu you will find the "Log and Memory Use" item. Select that and any errors that are occurring should be shown. You can also set the level of items logged by using the "Logging Level" item on the same menu.

                            Maredudd

                            Message 13 of 22 , Jul 24, 2013
                              On 7/24/2013 6:17 AM, Al wrote:
                              > There are tabs between each section not spaces. I am not sure where to look for the log you mention
                              > no errors came up when loading sources.
                              >
                              > Alan R. Plechaty

                              Menu Item - Tools - Log & Memory Use
                              F10 is the keyboard shortcut

                              Your big hint you have a problem if you have a red stop sign in the lower right corner of the
                              program. Green check mark means all systems go. Yellow warning sign is normally deprecation errors,
                              but I've discovered you can disable that one with a preference setting.

                              Message 14 of 22 , Jul 24, 2013
                                The following are the last two lines in the error log. The first line is where I select my class, the second is where I would expect my Ability selection list to pop up.

                                09:37:33.326 INFO AWT-EventQueue-1 pcgen.gui2.facade.CharacterFacadeImpl addCharacterLevels Eowyn: Adding level 1 in class Shaman-GRP
                                09:37:36.642 LSTERROR html-sheet-thread pcgen.core.PlayerCharacter processAbilityList Missing object referenced in the ability list for stat:STR formula:floor(SCORE/2)-5  list is CDOMDirectSingleRef AbilityList *Internal:AUTOMATIC

                                Alan R. Plechaty

                                ________________________________

                                Message 15 of 22 , Jul 24, 2013
                                  I looked through the log and saw many error but mostly due to duplicate items and skills from different sources. I did not see anything related to my Shaman Totems ability pool though. It is probably something really tiny, I was able to get this working on a different class and it looks like I set it up exactly the same for this one.

                                  Alan R. Plechaty

                                  ________________________________

                                  Message 16 of 22 , Jul 24, 2013
                                    Send me your files zipped to

                                    help
                                    @
                                    pcgen
                                    .
                                    org

                                    Also, just a point of clarification, you aren't expecting a pop up window are you? You are looking
                                    at your feats and abilities tab, and the pool doesn't have points. Correct?

                                    Cheers,

                                  • Al
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Jul 24, 2013
                                      Arggghhhh I am an idiot I was expecting a pop-up I forgot about the stupid abilities tab LOL. Thank you Andrew for pointing out my ignorance.

                                      Alan R. Plechaty

                                      ________________________________

                                      On 7/24/2013 5:40 AM, Al wrote:
> [...]
                                      > 1            SAB:Detect Spirits                    BONUS:VAR|TurnLevelUndead|CL=Cleric    BONUS:VAR|ExtraTurningQual|1            DEFINE:ExtraTurningQual|0
                                      > 1            BONUS:VAR|TurnDamagePlusUndead|CL=Cleric
                                      > 1            BONUS:VAR|TurnCheckUndead|CHA|TYPE=Stat
                                      > 4            SAB:Spirit Familiar
                                      > 5            BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Shaman Totem|1    BONUS:DOMAIN|NUMBER|1
                                      > 10          BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Shaman Totem|1    BONUS:DOMAIN|NUMBER|1
                                      > 15          BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Shaman Totem|1    BONUS:DOMAIN|NUMBER|1
                                      > 20          BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Shaman Totem|1    BONUS:DOMAIN|NUMBER|1
                                      > 1    CAST:3,1                                                                                                                                                                AUTO:FEAT|Armor Proficiency (Light)|Armor Proficiency (Medium)|Simple Weapon Proficiency|Spontaneous Casting~Cleric

                                    • Al
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Jul 24, 2013
                                        Andrew one more questions about this class when they select the totem type it is supposed to add all domain spells of that type to the spell list. Is there a command to add spells of a particular domain to spell list? Thanks.

                                        Alan R. Plechaty

                                        ________________________________

                                        Message 19 of 22 , Jul 24, 2013
                                          Refresh my memory, do they normally get domain spells? (Divine caster?)

                                          Is this only the spells? Not domain powers? Are they supposed to get the +1 to cast the domain spells?

                                          Your options off the top of my head are one of the following:
                                          1) Grab the SPELLLEVEL line you'll find in the domains file and alter the DOMAIN to CLASS and Rename
                                          the Domain Name to the Shaman spell list name.

                                          2) Follow the example of a pathfinder druid and how their domains are set up.

                                          Cheers,

                                          Message 20 of 22 , Jul 24, 2013
                                            That's why they give me the big bananas. :P

                                            Cheers,

                                          • Al
                                            Message 21 of 22 , Aug 12, 2013
                                              If someone has time I would appreciate some help. For some reason it seems like something in one of the attached files is causing the fighter class feats to not show up when selecting the fighter class. When i select fighter levels the bonus feats are not showing up. I recently added the black orc to the races file, but do not see the error that would cause the fighter class to not work properly. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

                                              Alan R. Plechaty

                                              Message 22 of 22 , Aug 12, 2013
                                                Send the file(s) to help AT pcgen DOT org

                                                Cheers,