trouble with the max function

  • guru_scott@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 15, 2013
      Hey guys,

      I'm working on a feat which replaces either the druid or ranger's animal companion or the paladin or cavalier's special mount. In order to determine which one the player is using (or the highest if he's using both) using the max() function like this: max(PaladinLVL,DruidLVL,RangerLVL,CavalierLVL)
      However, when the character has no levels in one or more classes (so that variable is undefined), the function returns 0.0 regardless of which value is the highest. Is this a bug? Is there a workaround? Is there a function I can use to determine if a variable is undefined?

      Thanks,

      Scott
    • John Bauldree
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 15, 2013
        Hello,
        I am running into an issue with the Enlarge Person spell under the Temporary Bonuses tab and examining the changes on the Character Sheet tab
        Enlarge Person is supposed to add 2 to Strength and Subtract 2 from Dexterity and subtract 1 from AC and ATT rolls
        I have a Human Ranger level 16
        Str 14 Enlarged Str 24 on the character sheet tab I think this should be Str 16
        Dex 18 Enlarged Dex 14 should be dex 16

        Something weird is going on.

        John Bauldree
        balingar@...

      • David R. Bender
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 15, 2013
          PCGen version?
          Gamemode ?
          Data sets loaded?

          -- david
          Papa.DRB

          My better half and me (jpg)

          On 2013-07-15 Mon 04:25 PM, John Bauldree wrote:
          > Hello,
          > I am running into an issue with the Enlarge Person spell under the Temporary Bonuses tab and examining the changes on the Character Sheet tab
          > Enlarge Person is supposed to add 2 to Strength and Subtract 2 from Dexterity and subtract 1 from AC and ATT rolls
          > I have a Human Ranger level 16
          > Str 14 Enlarged Str 24 on the character sheet tab I think this should be Str 16
          > Dex 18 Enlarged Dex 14 should be dex 16
          >
          > Something weird is going on.
          >

          > John Bauldree
          > balingar@...

        • John Bauldree
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 15, 2013
            Sorry meant to include that
            PCGen 6.00.01
            Gamemode 3.5 e
            SRD3.5 for players
            I'm using mac OSX 10.8.4 with the latest java version installed (ver. 7 update 25)

            John Bauldree
            balingar@...

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 15, 2013
              Try this:

              max(var("CL=Paladin"),var("CL=Cavalier"),var("CL=Ranger"),var("CL=Druid"))

              The DruidLVL et al, is only set in the classes themselves - DEFINE:DruidLVL|CL so if the class
              doesn't exist, it is going to be null/0)

              Cheers,

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 15, 2013
                It appears to be granting the actual Size changes. Open a Data Bug and I'll see about fixing that.