Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: Problem Creating Cavern Domain

    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 8, 2013
      Yes, please send me those files. I think it'll be easier than troubleshooting by email.

      help AT pcgen DOT org

      On 7/8/2013 3:33 PM, dancing_water_dragon wrote:
      > Hi Bahamut,
      >
      > I followed your suggestions, but I still can't get anything to show up in the search skill bonus summary or indeed any indication that anything has been added to search. I edited my domains.lst and I created an abilities.lst file and called it from my realms.pcc file. I do get a severe entry in the log:
      > 23:21:46.898 SEVERE Thread-7 pcgen.cdom.reference.AbstractReferenceManufacturer validateActive Ability Category Special Ability Magical Key Change: Stonecunning to CATEGORY=Special Ability|Stonecunning.MOD TYPE:SpecialQuality
      >
      > and
      >
      > 23:21:47.219 SEVERE Thread-7 pcgen.core.AbilityCategory doResolve Unconstructed Reference: Ability Category Dwarf Racial Trait Stonecunning
      >
      > Would unconstructedReferenceFound errors prevent the functioning of my one entry in doamins.lst. The other errors are coming from my deities.lst as it mentions stuff I haven't put into my domains.lst yet.
      >
      > @Andrew do you still want my pcg and lst files?
      >
      > Regards,
      > Dancing Water Dragon
      >

      > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Bahamut Dragon
      >>
      >> You could remove the BONUS:SKILL statement and do BONUS:VAR|DwarfSearchSkillBonus|2 for the
      >> PRERACE:1,RACESUBTYPE=Dwarf, that would update the text displayed in the ability, and also adjusts
      >> the skill automatically.
      >>
      >> Your domain line should then be changed to:
      >>
      >> ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Stonecunning|!PRERACE:1,RACESUBTYPE=Dwarf
      >>
      >> BONUS:VAR|DwarfSearchSkillBonus|2|PRERACE:1,RACESUBTYPE=Dwarf
      >>
      >> Ah ha, looks like they were a little too clever for their own good. You don't see Stonecunning show
      >> up cause the type 'SpecialQuality' is missing, there is a master racial trait display they use. Your
      >> code is working.
      >>
      >> Maybe they can adjust that.
      >>
      >> To fix on your end, open up an ability file - insert this line
      >>
      >> CATEGORY=Special Ability|Stonecunning.MOD TYPE:SpecialQuality

    • Al
      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 9, 2013
        OK I have added a custom class to my homebrew file set. I then went in and added the custom spells and set the SPELLLIST:Witch-GRP in the class. I also went into the players handbook spells.lst file and added the Witch-GRP to each of the spells that are part of the Witchs spell list. However they are not showing up when I select the class. Only the custom spells are showing up and spells that have SPELLLIST:All specified. How do I get only the Witch-GRP spells and the ones in the Players handbook that I added the Witch-GRp to the CLASSES to show up? Thanks in advance.

        Alan R. Plechaty

        Message 3 of 22 , Jul 9, 2013
          #Class
          CLASS:Witch-GRp SPELLTYPE:Arcane SPELLSTAT:Int BONUS:CASTERLEVEL|Witch-GRp|CL
          1 CAST:1,1

          #Spells
          Magic Missile.MOD CLASSES:Witch-GRp=1

          Also; SPELLLIST:1|Witch-GRp

          Cheers,

          On 7/9/2013 11:58 AM, Al wrote:
          > OK I have added a custom class to my homebrew file set. I then went in and added the custom spells and set the SPELLLIST:Witch-GRP in the class. I also went into the players handbook spells.lst file and added the Witch-GRP to each of the spells that are part of the Witchs spell list. However they are not showing up when I select the class. Only the custom spells are showing up and spells that have SPELLLIST:All specified. How do I get only the Witch-GRP spells and the ones in the Players handbook that I added the Witch-GRp to the CLASSES to show up? Thanks in advance.
          >
          > Alan R. Plechaty

        • Al
          Message 4 of 22 , Jul 10, 2013
            Hello all,
            Here is my next dilemma. I have added a feat called Able Learner it is supposed to make all cross-class skills cost 1 point instead of two. Is there a way to make it so this actually works? When I go to my skills all cross-class still cost 2 points they should be 1. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Al.

            Alan R. Plechaty

            Message 5 of 22 , Jul 10, 2013
              It's waiting on a Code FREQ.

              Message 6 of 22 , Jul 11, 2013
                Actually, the Code Freq is for the Skill Pool Boost. That can be done with a Simple:

                CSKILL:ALL

                Cheers,