Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: Problem Creating Cavern Domain

    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 1, 2013
      Ah, then you should use this:

      ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Stonecunning|!PRERACE:1,RACESUBTYPE=Dwarf
      BONUS:VAR|DwarfSearchSkillBonus|2|PRERACE:1,RACESUBTYPE=Dwarf

      And darn, I messed up - this > DwarfSearchSkillBonus should really be > StonecunningSearchBonus

      Oh well, when I'm not tired I'll fix it. (Regardless, the code above is valid and works.

      -Andrew

      On 7/1/2013 2:33 PM, dancing_water_dragon wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > My game mode is 35e.
      > If you select Cavern as a domain there are two cases I'm trying to code for:
      > 1. The Character is a Dwarf, then existing Stonecunning ability is augmented by +2 ie becomes +4 on Search (stone related stuff).
      > 2. The character is not dwarf (or race that already has Stonecunning) in which case the character gets the ability Stonecunning as a dwarf would.
      >
      > Hope that clarifies what I'm trying to do.
      > Regards

    • dancing_water_dragon
      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 2, 2013
        hi Andrew,

        Thanks for replying, but I cannot get your code to actually do anything. I am using PCGen 6.001.

        When I create an Elf Cleric and select a God that has the Cavern Domain then select it, I see no Stonecunning listed anywhere on the Character sheet. The skill check for Search is reported as normal for an Elf, no bonus for Stonecunning. Creating a Dwarf Cleric and choosing Cavern indeed shows Stonecunning, but this is because it is a dwarf trait. Skill checks on search show a normal racial +2, which I assume is normal Stonecunning bonus, not an extra +2 for augmented stonecunning.

        Regards,
        Dancing Water Dragon

        Message 3 of 22 , Jul 2, 2013
          Send me the pcg and your domain file.

          help AT pcgen DOT org

          I'll take a look and see what's going on.

          -Andrew

          On 7/2/2013 10:08 AM, dancing_water_dragon wrote:
          > hi Andrew,
          >
          > Thanks for replying, but I cannot get your code to actually do anything. I am using PCGen 6.001.
          >
          > When I create an Elf Cleric and select a God that has the Cavern Domain then select it, I see no Stonecunning listed anywhere on the Character sheet. The skill check for Search is reported as normal for an Elf, no bonus for Stonecunning. Creating a Dwarf Cleric and choosing Cavern indeed shows Stonecunning, but this is because it is a dwarf trait. Skill checks on search show a normal racial +2, which I assume is normal Stonecunning bonus, not an extra +2 for augmented stonecunning.
          >
          > Regards,
          > Dancing Water Dragon

          >> Ah, then you should use this:
          >>
          >> ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Stonecunning|!PRERACE:1,RACESUBTYPE=Dwarf
          >> BONUS:VAR|DwarfSearchSkillBonus|2|PRERACE:1,RACESUBTYPE=Dwarf
          >>

          >> And darn, I messed up - this > DwarfSearchSkillBonus should really be > StonecunningSearchBonus
          >>
          >> Oh well, when I'm not tired I'll fix it. (Regardless, the code above is valid and works.
          >>
          >> -Andrew
          >>
          >> On 7/1/2013 2:33 PM, dancing_water_dragon wrote:
          >>> Hi,
          >>>
          >>> My game mode is 35e.
          >>> If you select Cavern as a domain there are two cases I'm trying to code for:
          >>> 1. The Character is a Dwarf, then existing Stonecunning ability is augmented by +2 ie becomes +4 on Search (stone related stuff).
          >>> 2. The character is not dwarf (or race that already has Stonecunning) in which case the character gets the ability Stonecunning as a dwarf would.
          >>>
          >>> Hope that clarifies what I'm trying to do.
          >>> Regards

        • Bahamut Dragon
          Message 4 of 22 , Jul 6, 2013

            I used my own set to test this out and it works fine.

            Cavern_Test DESC:You gain the dwarven ability of stonecunning. If you already have stonecunning,
            your racial bonus for stonecunning increases from +2 to +4 on checks to notice unusual stonework.
            ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Stonecunning ~ Dwarf BONUS:SKILL|Search (Notice unusual
            stonework)|2|PRERACE:1,Dwarf%

            Using an Elf will give you a +4, and using a Dwarf will give you a +4, using a human will give you a
            +2. All are the correct results.

            I also tried:

            Cavern_Test DESC:You gain the dwarven ability of stonecunning. If you already have stonecunning,
            your racial bonus for stonecunning increases from +2 to +4 on checks to notice unusual stonework.
            ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Stonecunning ~ Dwarf|!PRERACE:1,RACESUBTYPE=Dwarf
            BONUS:SKILL|Search (Notice unusual stonework)|2|PRERACE:1,RACESUBTYPE=Dwarf

            Which also worked.

            Here is the Stonecunning ability in my personal set:

            Stonecunning KEY:Stonecunning ~ Dwarf CATEGORY:Special Ability
            TYPE:RaceTrait.DwarfRaceTrait.SpecialQuality DESC:This ability grants a dwarf a +%1
            racial bonus on Search checks to notice unusual stonework, such as sliding walls, stonework traps,
            new construction (even when built to match the old), unsafe stone surfaces, shaky stone ceilings,
            and the like. Something that isn't stone but that is disguised as stone also counts as unusual
            stonework. A dwarf who merely comes within 10 feet of unusual stonework can make a Search check as
            if he were actively searching, and a dwarf can use the Search skill to find stonework traps as a
            rogue can. A dwarf can also intuit depth, sensing his approximate depth underground as naturally as
            a human can sense which way is up.|StonecunningSearchBonus BONUS:SKILL|Search (Notice unusual
            stonework)|StonecunningSearchBonus|TYPE=Racial DEFINE:StonecunningSearchBonus|0
            BONUS:VAR|StonecunningSearchBonus|2|TYPE=Racial
            SOURCEPAGE:p.15

            Mind you, you'll need to alter it if you want it to work in the base pcgen supplied sets.

            Hope that helps ya out.

            On 7/2/2013 2:24 PM, Andrew wrote:
            > Send me the pcg and your domain file.
            >
            > help AT pcgen DOT org
            >
            > I'll take a look and see what's going on.
            >
            > -Andrew
            >
            > On 7/2/2013 10:08 AM, dancing_water_dragon wrote:
            >> hi Andrew,
            >>
            >> Thanks for replying, but I cannot get your code to actually do anything. I am using PCGen 6.001.
            >>
            >> When I create an Elf Cleric and select a God that has the Cavern Domain then select it, I see no Stonecunning listed anywhere on the Character sheet. The skill check for Search is reported as normal for an Elf, no bonus for Stonecunning. Creating a Dwarf Cleric and choosing Cavern indeed shows Stonecunning, but this is because it is a dwarf trait. Skill checks on search show a normal racial +2, which I assume is normal Stonecunning bonus, not an extra +2 for augmented stonecunning.
            >>
            >> Regards,
            >> Dancing Water Dragon
            >>
            >> --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:
            >>>

            >>> Ah, then you should use this:
            >>>
            >>> ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Stonecunning|!PRERACE:1,RACESUBTYPE=Dwarf
            >>> BONUS:VAR|DwarfSearchSkillBonus|2|PRERACE:1,RACESUBTYPE=Dwarf
            >>>

            >>> And darn, I messed up - this > DwarfSearchSkillBonus should really be > StonecunningSearchBonus
            >>>
            >>> Oh well, when I'm not tired I'll fix it. (Regardless, the code above is valid and works.
            >>>
            >>> -Andrew

            ~BD
            https://github.com/BahamutDragon/pcgen
          • dancing_water_dragon
            Message 5 of 22 , Jul 7, 2013
              Hi Bahamut,

              Thanks for the input. I would like to try to use the RSRD and SRD definitions that come with PCGen and they already define Stonecunning, so I should be able to use them somehow. I'm a noob when it comes to editing the campaign files.

              @Andrew what is a pcg file? I can send my homebrew domain and deity list, but I'm not sure what pcg is.

              Regards,
              Dancing Water Dragon

              Message 6 of 22 , Jul 7, 2013
                On 7/7/2013 8:09 AM, dancing_water_dragon wrote:

                > Hi Bahamut,
                >
                > Thanks for the input. I would like to try to use the RSRD and SRD definitions that come with PCGen
                > and they already define Stonecunning, so I should be able to use them somehow. I'm a noob when it
                > comes to editing the campaign files.

                Hi DWD (Dancing Water Dragon),

                Aren't we all noobs at some point mate ;-)

                The rsrd version, or srd35 as they have it (odd naming if you ask me), has 'Stonecunning' vs. my
                'Stonecunning ~ Dwarf'. If you remove the ' ~ Dwarf' then my code should work. The skill name is
                identical for the bonus statement.

                You could remove the BONUS:SKILL statement and do BONUS:VAR|DwarfSearchSkillBonus|2 for the
                PRERACE:1,RACESUBTYPE=Dwarf, that would update the text displayed in the ability, and also adjusts
                the skill automatically.

                Your domain line should then be changed to:

                ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Stonecunning|!PRERACE:1,RACESUBTYPE=Dwarf

                BONUS:VAR|DwarfSearchSkillBonus|2|PRERACE:1,RACESUBTYPE=Dwarf

                Ah ha, looks like they were a little too clever for their own good. You don't see Stonecunning show
                up cause the type 'SpecialQuality' is missing, there is a master racial trait display they use. Your
                code is working.

                Maybe they can adjust that.

                To fix on your end, open up an ability file - insert this line

                CATEGORY=Special Ability|Stonecunning.MOD TYPE:SpecialQuality

                > @Andrew what is a pcg file? I can send my homebrew domain and deity list, but I'm not sure what pcg is.

                He's asking for the character file. They have three file types:

                PCC - is the PCGen Campaign file
                LST - are the individual files for each aspect of the book (feats, classes, kits, etc.) those are
                loaded or called from the PCC file.
                PCG - is the character file, and is normally stored in the character folder of the program. When you
                'save as', you should see the location, otherwise, you can look at the locations in your preference
                screen to figure out where pcgen is saving and retrieving things.

                > Regards,
                > Dancing Water Dragon

                I gotta say that I love the name <insert cheesy grin>.

                - Bahamut Dragon

                Message 7 of 22 , Jul 7, 2013
                  Darn it. I'll fix that.

                  In fact, I've introduced new code to export the "name" with variables.

                  Cheers,

                  Message 8 of 22 , Jul 8, 2013
                    Hi Bahamut,

                    I followed your suggestions, but I still can't get anything to show up in the search skill bonus summary or indeed any indication that anything has been added to search. I edited my domains.lst and I created an abilities.lst file and called it from my realms.pcc file. I do get a severe entry in the log:
                    23:21:46.898 SEVERE Thread-7 pcgen.cdom.reference.AbstractReferenceManufacturer validateActive Ability Category Special Ability Magical Key Change: Stonecunning to CATEGORY=Special Ability|Stonecunning.MOD TYPE:SpecialQuality

                    and

                    23:21:47.219 SEVERE Thread-7 pcgen.core.AbilityCategory doResolve Unconstructed Reference: Ability Category Dwarf Racial Trait Stonecunning

                    Would unconstructedReferenceFound errors prevent the functioning of my one entry in doamins.lst. The other errors are coming from my deities.lst as it mentions stuff I haven't put into my domains.lst yet.

                    @Andrew do you still want my pcg and lst files?

                    Message 9 of 22 , Jul 8, 2013
                      Yes, please send me those files. I think it'll be easier than troubleshooting by email.

                      help AT pcgen DOT org

                      On 7/8/2013 3:33 PM, dancing_water_dragon wrote:
                      > Hi Bahamut,
                      >
                      > I followed your suggestions, but I still can't get anything to show up in the search skill bonus summary or indeed any indication that anything has been added to search. I edited my domains.lst and I created an abilities.lst file and called it from my realms.pcc file. I do get a severe entry in the log:
                      > 23:21:46.898 SEVERE Thread-7 pcgen.cdom.reference.AbstractReferenceManufacturer validateActive Ability Category Special Ability Magical Key Change: Stonecunning to CATEGORY=Special Ability|Stonecunning.MOD TYPE:SpecialQuality
                      >
                      > and
                      >
                      > 23:21:47.219 SEVERE Thread-7 pcgen.core.AbilityCategory doResolve Unconstructed Reference: Ability Category Dwarf Racial Trait Stonecunning
                      >
                      > Would unconstructedReferenceFound errors prevent the functioning of my one entry in doamins.lst. The other errors are coming from my deities.lst as it mentions stuff I haven't put into my domains.lst yet.
                      >
                      > @Andrew do you still want my pcg and lst files?
                      >
                      > Regards,
                      > Dancing Water Dragon
                      >

                      > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Bahamut Dragon
                      >>
                      >> You could remove the BONUS:SKILL statement and do BONUS:VAR|DwarfSearchSkillBonus|2 for the
                      >> PRERACE:1,RACESUBTYPE=Dwarf, that would update the text displayed in the ability, and also adjusts
                      >> the skill automatically.
                      >>
                      >> Your domain line should then be changed to:
                      >>
                      >> ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Stonecunning|!PRERACE:1,RACESUBTYPE=Dwarf
                      >>
                      >> BONUS:VAR|DwarfSearchSkillBonus|2|PRERACE:1,RACESUBTYPE=Dwarf
                      >>
                      >> Ah ha, looks like they were a little too clever for their own good. You don't see Stonecunning show
                      >> up cause the type 'SpecialQuality' is missing, there is a master racial trait display they use. Your
                      >> code is working.
                      >>
                      >> Maybe they can adjust that.
                      >>
                      >> To fix on your end, open up an ability file - insert this line
                      >>
                      >> CATEGORY=Special Ability|Stonecunning.MOD TYPE:SpecialQuality

                    • Al
                      Message 10 of 22 , Jul 9, 2013
                        OK I have added a custom class to my homebrew file set. I then went in and added the custom spells and set the SPELLLIST:Witch-GRP in the class. I also went into the players handbook spells.lst file and added the Witch-GRP to each of the spells that are part of the Witchs spell list. However they are not showing up when I select the class. Only the custom spells are showing up and spells that have SPELLLIST:All specified. How do I get only the Witch-GRP spells and the ones in the Players handbook that I added the Witch-GRp to the CLASSES to show up? Thanks in advance.

                        Alan R. Plechaty

                        Message 11 of 22 , Jul 9, 2013
                          #Class
                          CLASS:Witch-GRp SPELLTYPE:Arcane SPELLSTAT:Int BONUS:CASTERLEVEL|Witch-GRp|CL
                          1 CAST:1,1

                          #Spells
                          Magic Missile.MOD CLASSES:Witch-GRp=1

                          Also; SPELLLIST:1|Witch-GRp

                          Cheers,

                          On 7/9/2013 11:58 AM, Al wrote:
                          > OK I have added a custom class to my homebrew file set. I then went in and added the custom spells and set the SPELLLIST:Witch-GRP in the class. I also went into the players handbook spells.lst file and added the Witch-GRP to each of the spells that are part of the Witchs spell list. However they are not showing up when I select the class. Only the custom spells are showing up and spells that have SPELLLIST:All specified. How do I get only the Witch-GRP spells and the ones in the Players handbook that I added the Witch-GRp to the CLASSES to show up? Thanks in advance.
                          >
                          > Alan R. Plechaty

                        • Al
                          Message 12 of 22 , Jul 10, 2013
                            Hello all,
                            Here is my next dilemma. I have added a feat called Able Learner it is supposed to make all cross-class skills cost 1 point instead of two. Is there a way to make it so this actually works? When I go to my skills all cross-class still cost 2 points they should be 1. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Al.

                            Alan R. Plechaty

                            Message 13 of 22 , Jul 10, 2013
                              It's waiting on a Code FREQ.

                              Message 14 of 22 , Jul 11, 2013
                                Actually, the Code Freq is for the Skill Pool Boost. That can be done with a Simple:

                                CSKILL:ALL

                                Cheers,