Removing a class skill via an archetype

  • Distant Scholar
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 28, 2013
      Is there an easy way to remove a class skill (in this case, Use Magic Device) with an archetype?

      CSKILL:.CLEAR.Use Magic Device seems to not work in ability files.

      I could take UMD out of the regular class skill list, add it back in with an ability, and PRE the ability to get rid of it when the archetype is taken, but I'm hoping for something simpler.

      DS/DL
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 19
        That code only works in the CLASS file.

        For PF, we've relegated the Class List to an ability, and swap out the ability with another ability with a different list. It works for PF but not other gamemodes due to how Class skills work. In this case, you need to set up the base class to use that method.

        Cheers,

        On 6/28/2013 8:52 AM, Distant Scholar wrote:
        Is there an easy way to remove a class skill (in this case, Use Magic Device) with an archetype?

        CSKILL:.CLEAR.Use Magic Device seems to not work in ability files.

        I could take UMD out of the regular class skill list, add it back in with an ability, and PRE the ability to get rid of it when the archetype is taken, but I'm hoping for something simpler.

        DS/DL

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to: