srd35 RACESUBTYPE points to what?

  • jimwschuler
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 26, 2013
      I'm trying to write up a creature of the symbiont subtype from the Fiend Folio, and I have no idea where to put information for that subtype (Template? Race? Kit?). I tried hunting down the incorporeal subtype, but the only place I found anything to do with it (rsrd_template_types.lst) was notably missing the DESC tag, or anything else aside from VISIBLE and SOURCEPAGE.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 26, 2013
        Hi Jim,

        If you're using the newer versions, the templates are pretty much removed. You'll find the RACE TYPE
        and RACE SUBTYPE stuff in the ability files.

        Specifically - rsrd_abilities_common.lst

        The ones with the key 'Traits Output ~ x' are the ones we display on the character sheet, if you
        select to display those.

        Those are activated by the PRERACE:1,RACETYPE and RACESUBTYPE tags.

        Cheers,

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 26, 2013
          Thank you.

          I was using 6.00.0. Upgraded to the newer version and got it.