Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: We need Monkeys! (Coders, Data, and more)

    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 24, 2013
      Hi Jackie,

      Welcome to the team. For Docs and LST we can either get you set up directly into the SF SVN system
      (We need a username for SF) or you can do GITHUB. The alternative is sending your patches/updates to
      me until we get you set up and comfortable with the subversion.

      The next thing is getting you something to do. Since this is a volunteer project, we generally leave
      it to you to decide what items you want to deal with. We have our official bug and feature tracker
      system 'jira.pcgen.org' if you want to peruse the outstanding items.

      Our biggest rule, don't mess with core sets without asking for permission from the Content
      Silverback or Data 2nd. (That's Barak and myself in this case).

      So, what would you like to do to start with?

      -Andrew

    • jciszek123
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 24, 2013
        Well, I've at least heard of github, just never had the chance to use it. Guess I'll go figure out how to tap into that.

        And you also have an email from me with other info.
        -Jackie

        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 24, 2013
          I got the email and replied. We use SVN for the main development, but the GITHUB does connect in.
          Henk does a fine job keeping those in sync. So you can use either Subversion or GIT, whichever
          system you feel comfortable with using.

          At a beginning level GIT has two steps, SVN has one step for pushing in changes. Though our SVN has
          the extra set up step of using an SSH connection which means you need to set up a key. I've outlined
          the set up process on the wiki (wiki.pcgen.org) under the content/data team.