Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Wearing Multiple Armors

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 21, 2013
      Hi Sir George,

      AC Types handle the stacking Rules. However, Two Objects can't be in the same slot, you'd have to
      use a BONUS:SLOT which has been having issues.

      BONUS:COMBAT|AC|x|TYPE=Armor

      You'll get the better of the two in each case,

      I'd Code it up as both Armor and then another type "OverArmor", so TYPE:Armor.OverArmor you can
      "Equip" it and get the same effect.

      Cheers,

      On 6/21/2013 9:04 PM, George wrote:
      > Is there any way for a character to wear multiple types of armor at the same time, and have the lst file determine how the various bonuses and penalties stack with each other? I'm thinking specifically of the Armored Coat from PF APG whose description states "If worn over other armor, use the better AC bonus and worse value in all other categories; ... The only magic effects that apply are those worn on top."
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Sir George Anonymous

    • George
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 22, 2013
        So if I use TYPE=Armor instead of TYPE=Armor.REPLACE that will take care of the AC. SLOTS:0 or perhaps BONUS:SLOTS|Armor|1 would allow a character to wear it in additional to other armor (assuming it were working properly).

        BTW, the docs say that SLOTS:x sets the number of hands in a weapon, but I have it in other items. It seemed to work at one time. SLOTS:0 on a signet ring worked in 5.17.10, but I haven't tested it recently. It allowed a character to wear an unlimited number of non-magical rings, but only two magical ones.

        How about other armor properties like MAXDEX, ACCHECK, and SPELLFAILURE? Hmmm, what if I had a had an equipment modifier for the armored coat that used BONUS:EQMARMOR| tags for those. I'll play around with that and see if I can make it work.

        Thanks for the tips,

        Sir George Anonymous