Re: Deity Weapon and Weapon Focus

  • zorden@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 19, 2013
      Thanks for the reply. You are correct.

      Can you explain me why and how is the implementation in the War domain correct? Just want to understand.

      Isn't there a solution without using abilitypool? Like in case of the war domain.

      The questions were for other abilities because in case of Favored Soul there are two abilities dealing with weapons.

      First ability grants Weapon Focus for the deity's favored weapon or for other weapon if the character has already focus for the deity's weapon.

      Second ability grants Weapon Specialization for the deity's favored weapon or for other weapon if the character has already specialization for the deity's weapon.

      Thanks!

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 19, 2013
        You get the weapon selection when you SELECT the War Domain, ergo, you are adding the CHOOSE
        manually to the character. The Chooser fires by you adding the domain. Choosers only Fire when
        something is manually added for Abilities and Feats.

        Alright, First Ability we already covered:

        The Second I'd be a bit more liberal, makes it a bit easier

        FS Weapon Specialization
        CATEGORY:Special Ability
        TYPE:WhateverworksforYou
        CHOOSE:WEAPONPROFICIENCY|FEAT=Weapon Focus
        MULT:YES
        AUTO:FEAT|Weapon Specialization (%LIST)

        Now, just some pro tips - I'd actually leave the original ability - I have the original ability with
        the description get called, and then I add the BONUS:ABILITYPOOL to the actual ability, which then
        adds the hidden chooser abilities that you make. As an Example:

        Weapon Focus ~ FS
        CATEGORY:Internal
        TYPE:WeaponFocusFS
        CHOOSE:WEAPONPROFICIENCY|DEITYWEAPON
        MULT:YES
        AUTO:FEAT|Weapon Focus (%LIST)

        Weapon Specialization ~ FS
        CATEGORY:Internal
        TYPE:WeaponSpecializationFS

        On 6/19/2013 7:55 AM, zorden@... wrote:
> [...]
        >> EDITPOOL:YES
        >> VISIBLE:QUALIFY
        >>
        >> # Ability File
        >> Deity's Weapon Focus
        >> KEY:Deity's Weapon Focus ~ Favored Soul
        >> VISIBLE:YES
        >> CATEGORY:Special Ability
        >> TYPE:ClassAbility.SpecialQuality.FavoredSoulWPChoice
        >> MULT:YES
        >> CHOOSE:WEAPONPROFICIENCY|DEITYWEAPON
        >> AUTO:FEAT|Weapon Focus(%LIST)
        >>
        >> That should take care of your issue for the error message.
        >>
        >> I'm not understanding the question for 1 and 2 - are those the same ability or two different times?
        >>
        >> On 6/18/2013 8:46 AM, zorden@... wrote:
        >>> Hi,
        >>>
        >>> Ran into the same problem (6.00.1/SRD35e)
        >>> 1) WAR domain working fine (I think there is a missing space between Focus and (%LIST) but works):
        >>> War CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=1|WEAPONPROFICIENCY|DEITYWEAPON

        >>> SELECT:1