Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Spell Lists and Ability Categories

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 17, 2013
      send the set zipped to help@... please.

      On 6/17/2013 3:13 PM, RandomClass wrote:
> [...]
      > at
      > pcgen.persistence.lst.PCClassLoader.parseLine(PCClassLoader.java:169)
      > at pcgen.persistence.lst.PCClassLoader.parseLine(PCClassLoader.java:48)
      > at
      > pcgen.persistence.lst.LstObjectFileLoader.loadLstFile(LstObjectFileLoader.java:447)
      > at
      > pcgen.persistence.lst.LstObjectFileLoader.loadLstFiles(LstObjectFileLoader.java:117)
      > at
      > pcgen.persistence.SourceFileLoader.loadCampaigns(SourceFileLoader.java:597)
      > at
      > pcgen.persistence.SourceFileLoader.loadCampaigns(SourceFileLoader.java:479)
      > at
      > pcgen.persistence.SourceFileLoader.execute(SourceFileLoader.java:214)
      > at
      > pcgen.gui2.PCGenStatusBar$TaskExecutor.construct(PCGenStatusBar.java:167)
      > at
      > pcgen.gui2.PCGenStatusBar$TaskExecutor.construct(PCGenStatusBar.java:130)
      > at pcgen.gui2.util.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:146)
      > at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
      >
      > 22:35:48.841 SEVERE Thread-15 LstObjectFileLoader:467
      > Errors.LstFileLoader.Ignoring: null not defined.
      > =====================
      >
      > That is repeated with a few different line numbers, but always the same
      > file (which is where my CLASS:Witch.MOD is). And, unsurprisingly, the
      > PROHIBITSPELL isn't applied (although everything else in the winter
      > witch archetype works).
      >
      > Now I've either discovered a bug, or missed something somewhere (I'm
      > betting on that latter, myself).
      >
      > Uh, (more) help!
      >
      > Rod the newb
      >

      > On 17/06/2013 17:54, Andrew wrote:
      >> Yes,
      >>
      >> PROHIBITSPELL in the Witch Class - use a PRExxx on it to toggle
      >> BONUS:DC for the Spells with the proper descriptor
      >> the limiting requires a bit more advanced tech, and I'm off to deal with a 9-1-1. So it'll be awhile.
      >>
      >> On 6/17/2013 8:31 AM, RandomClass wrote:
      >>> Hi All,
      >>>
      >>> I'm getting there with the Reign of Winter Players Guide, but need some
      >>> more hints and help required for some of the more complex things I
      >>> haven't been able to find examples of or work out how to implement.
      >>>
      >>> I want to selectively remove and prevent being added to spells known any
      >>> spells that have a certain descriptor keyword or otherwise exclude
      >>> spells with a specific descriptor (in this case fire - winter witches
      >>> cannot learn or cast spells with a fire descriptor).
      >>>
      >>> And on the subject of spell descriptors, is there a way to add bonuses
      >>> to spells with a specific descriptor (in this case spells with the cold
      >>> descriptor - the winter witch archetype increases the save DC of cold
      >>> spells by +1)?
      >>>
      >>> Also, how to limit what entries are available in an Ability Category?
      >>> (Example: Winter Witch Archetype limits what Patrons the witch can have
      >>> to a small subset of the existing patrons).

    • RandomClass
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 18, 2013
        Ok, my bad. Put this one down to user error.

        I've just found that last night I was editing entirely the wrong file. I
        seem to have ended up with two files with the same name (possibly due to
        the syncing software I have to keep the files in sync between different
        computers), and the one with the Witch.MOD wasn't the one being loaded
        by PCGen.

        Now I know I'm loading the right file, and it's working fine, so I don't
        need to bother you now.

        Rod