Racial abilities

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 11, 2013
      Still working on my own Next dataset. I think I understand, mostly, how to construct abilities in the ability.lst. How do I get an ability to connect to a race I've built?
      for example:
      Dwarven Weapon Training: You are proficient with the battleaxe, handaxe, throwing hammer, and warhammer.

      the line in 5e_abilities_race.lst is:
      Dwarven Weapon Training
      SOURCEPAGE:p.3
      CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:RacialTraits.SpecialQuality.DwarfRacialTrait.DwarfRacialDefault
      AUTO:WEAPONPROF|battleaxe|handaxe|throwing axe|warhammer
      DESC:You are proficient with the battleaxe, handaxe, throwing hammer, and warhammer.

      the line in 5e_races_base.lst is:
      Dwarf (Hill)
      OUTPUTNAME:Hill Dwarf
      SOURCEPAGE:p.1
      TYPE:Base.PC
      RACETYPE:Humanoid
      RACESUBTYPE:Dwarf
      TEMPLATE:Humanoid|Size_M|Dwarf
      MOVE:Walk,25
      SIZE:M
      VISION:Darkvision(60)
      BONUS:STAT|CON,STR|+1
      DESC:

      how do I get the ability to show up when I select this race?
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 11, 2013
        ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Dwarven Weapon Training

        Wow, didn't realize people were picking up on the changes I did for dragons.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 6, 2013
          I'm still having trouble understanding how to get an ability that is described in abilties.lst to connect to a race described in races.lst