Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Can someone tell me how to make cross class skills 1 point in v5.10.1

    Message 1 of 5 , May 13, 2013

      For some reason beyond my knowledge, that capability was removed from pcgen. It's now controlled in
      a gamemode file which means it's pretty untouchable unless I can convince a coder to allow it to
      take a formula.

      That would be the easy solution and less tiresome on my brain.

      Anything else would be ugly. I would say beg and plead for a code change for the gamemode tag that
      controls the cross-class cost to take a variable.

      Cheers,

      Message 2 of 5 , May 13, 2013
        Follow up reply:

        It's a hack, and it will break your Cross Class Max

        CSKILL:TYPE.Strength|TYPE.Dexterity|TYPE.Constitution|TYPE.Intelligence|TYPE.Wisdom|TYPE.Charisma

        place that in a feat

        Able Learner
        TYPE:General

        On 5/13/2013 9:05 AM, Alan wrote:
        > I want to be able to make all cross class skills cost one point instead of two. I am using version 5.10.1 and want to emulate the Able learner feat which makes cross class skills cost one point. I have no idea how to add a feat, so I thought maybe making cross class skills cost 1 point would be easier. I was wrong I cant figure that put either LOL. Any help is greatly appreciated.

      • Al
        Message 3 of 5 , May 15, 2013
          OK with Andrews help I now have the feat showing up when I load the homebrew file. I added the following to the MY_Feats.lst file.
           Able Learner  TYPE:General  DESC:Cross-class skills cost one point  CSKILL:TYPE.Strength|TYPE.Dexterity|TYPE.Constitution|TYPE.Intelligence|TYPE.Wisdom|TYPE.Charisma

          However while the feat shows up and I can select it. It does not reduce the cost of cross-class skills they still cost 2 points? What am I missing so that all skills only cost 1 point? Thanks in advance.

          Alan R. Plechaty

          ________________________________

          On 5/13/2013 9:05 AM, Alan wrote:
          > I want to be able to make all cross class skills cost one point instead of two. I am using version 5.10.1 and want to emulate the Able learner feat which makes cross class skills cost one point. I have no idea how to add a feat, so I thought maybe making cross class skills cost 1 point would be easier. I was wrong I cant figure that put either LOL. Any help is greatly appreciated.

        • Susan Dittmar
          Message 4 of 5 , May 16, 2013
            Al schrieb:
            > OK with Andrews help I now have the feat showing up when I load the homebrew file. I added the following to the MY_Feats.lst file.
            > Able Learner TYPE:General DESC:Cross-class skills cost one point CSKILL:TYPE.Strength|TYPE.Dexterity|TYPE.Constitution|TYPE.Intelligence|TYPE.Wisdom|TYPE.Charisma
            >
            > However while the feat shows up and I can select it. It does not reduce the cost of cross-class skills they still cost 2 points? What am I missing so that all skills only cost 1 point? Thanks in advance.

            Ah, perhaps it's a question of what to take first, this feat or the level?

            I can't test right now, but you could: save your character with another file
            name, so you don't spoil the original. To this copy, add the feat and spend all
            your skills, then add one level and check again if the feat now applies. Maybe
            it's one of the things that only are taken into account at the moment of
            levelling up.

            If so, you can add the tags of the feat to a template, add this template
            *before* choosing first level (and thus before the feat can be granted), and
            either add a reduction of the feat pool to the template, or add a feat that you
            (the user) make sure to take once you can to make valid the template choice.

            Hope that helps,

            Susan