Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Cohorts and followers...

    Message 1 of 3 , May 13, 2013
      Hi,

      Followers is an unlimited deal as you can have any assortment of followers or henchman. The
      leadership Feat seems to have not been truly implemented beyond that display. Though, I've
      discovered the Leadership Feat isn't displaying correctly any more. Something to track down in the
      xml and xslt code.

      If the table exists in the RSRD then we can code it upto work a bit better. If you'd be kind enough
      to log the issue in our tracker system [jira.pcgen.org], someone (most likely me) will see about
      getting it implemented to the level it should be.

      Cheers,

      On 5/13/2013 5:27 PM, texasklang wrote:
      > I'm working on a D&D 3.5 prestige class that gives adders to the character's effective TCL for purposes of the leadership feat. This goes back to an unnumbered table, on p106 of the 3.5 DMG... where you lookup the cohort level and followers based on leadership score.
      >
      > I haven't gotten to the leadership score adder part yet, my issue is still in the realm of the leadership feat. The test character I've got should have a leadership score of 12 (7 levels of a custom base class + 1 level of my test prestige class + 4 for CHA bonus)... I should be getting an 8th level cohort and 8 lvl 1 followers. The PCGen Companions tab doesn't indicate anything about cohorts and calls out followers as "(0/*)"...
      >
      > Looking at the leadership feat itself, it looks like it tries to handle the cohort with 'LeadershipMaxCohortLvl', but nothing about the other followers?
      >
      > Anyhow... if the companions tab is where this sort of information about cohort and follower should pop out, it doesn't seem to be, or at least I can't see it; if that information is supposed to pop out somewhere else, I could use help finding it.
      >
      > Any tips?
      >
      > As for the adder part, I think that'll be pretty simple. I DEFINEd a new variable - call it ExtraLeadership here for the purposes of not tipping closed content - in the prestige class ability. Then I edited the formula in the basic leadership feat to include that newly defined variable... I just need some way to see the results of the lookup based on leadership score so I can verify a test... so it might make sense to have the 'troubleshooting.htm' character sheet support displaying the leadership score and max cohort level.
      >
      > Another thing that occurs to me is that maybe I've broken the leadership feat by modifying that formula... so here's what I have... BONUS:VAR|LeadershipScore|(TL+CHA+ExtraLeadership)

    • texasklang
      Message 2 of 3 , May 18, 2013
        I've trackered it (2147). I also checked the RSRD; the table is in there in the feats file with the leadership feat.