Looking for some help with some Elf subtypes.

  • merc4hir
    Message 1 of 4 , May 6 5:47 PM
      I'm trying to add a couple of custom elf subtypes and looking for some help. Sadly, coding this stuff is very new to me and I'm having a hard time figuring out what needs to go where. Here is what I'm looking at and I will also include what I've been able to come up with so far just looking at the other elf subtypes (drow mainly).
      Thanks in advance for any help =)

      Drythari Abilities:

      Darkvision: Darkvision up to 120'.

      Racail Immunities: Drythari have complete immunity to all forms of poison,paralysis,magical sleep,and Illusion spells and effects.

      Skill bonus: Drythari recieve a +4 racail bonus to Hide,Move Silently,Search,Spot,and Listen checks.

      Weapon proficiencies: Drythari are proficient with longsword,bastard sword,longbow,composite longbow,shortbow,and composite shortbow,regardless of character class.

      Saving throw bonus: Drythari recieve a +5 racail bonus on saving throws vs all Enchantment spells and effects.

      Movement: Drythari have a movement rate of 50 feet.

      Scent: Drythari can detect opponents within 30 feet by sense of smell.If the opponent is upwind the range increases to 60 feet;if downwind the range decreases to 15 feet.Strong scents such as smoke or rotting garbage,can be detected at twice the ranges noted above.Overpowering scents such as skunk musk or troglodyte stench,can be detected at triple normal range.

      Wolf empathy: Drythari can comunicate and empathize with normal or dire wolves.This gives them a+4 racail bonus to checks when influencing the animals attitude and allows the communication of simple concepts and if the animal is friendly commands,such as "friend","foe","flee",and "attack".

      Damage reduction: Weapon resistance of 15/silver.

      Trip (wolf form only): A drythari that hits with a bite attack can attempt to trip the opponent as a free action(see page 139 in the Player's Handbook) without making a touch attack or provoking an attack of opportunity.If the attempt fails,the opponent cannot react to trip the drythari.

      Armor class bonus: Drythari recieve a +2 racail bonus to armor class.

      Bonus Feats: Improved Initiative and Weapon Finesse(bite;wolf form
      only)

      Ability adjustments: +2 to Dexterity,Charisma,and Strength; -2 to Constitution

      Favored Class: Ranger (male) Cleric (female)

      Elf (Drythari) FAVCLASS:Ranger STARTFEATS:1 SIZE:M MOVE:Walk,50 FACE:5 REACH:5 BONUS:COMBAT|AC|2|TYPE=Natural Armor LANGBONUS:Draconic,Gnoll,Gnome,Goblin,Orc,Sylvan BONUS:SKILL|Listen,Search,Spot,Hide,Move Silently|4|TYPE=Racial BONUS:STAT|DEX|2 BONUS:STAT|CHA|2 BONUS:STAT|STR|2 BONUS:STAT|CON|-2 BONUS:VAR|DarkvisionRange|120|TYPE=Base AUTO:LANG|Common|Elven|Undercommon AUTO:WEAPONPROF|Longsword|Longbow|Shortbow ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Elf Resistance|Notice Secret Doors RACETYPE:Humanoid RACESUBTYPE:Elf TYPE:Humanoid CR:1/2 SOURCEPAGE:MonstersE-F.rtf

      Twilight Elven Abilties:

      Darkvision up to 90 feet
      A twilight elf can see five times as far as a human in starlight,moonlight,torchlight,etc.
      +4 racial bonus to Hide,Move Silently,Search,Spot,and Listen checks.
      A twilight elf who meerly passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check as though actively looking
      for it.
      Proficient with longsword,bastard sword,longbow,composite longbow,shortbow,and composite shortbow,regardless of character class.
      Complete immunity to all forms of poison,paralysis,and magical sleep spells and effects.
      +4 racial bonus on all saving throws vs Mind-Affecting spells and effects.
      Twilight elves gain the Blind-Fighting feat for free.
      Movement rate of 40 feet.
      +2 adjustment to Dexterity,Charisma,and Intelligence
      -2 adjustment to Constitution
      Favored Class: Ranger

      I haven't typed up anything for the Twilight elf yet...was trying to get the first one figured out, first
      Message 2 of 4 , May 6 6:39 PM

        Twilight Elf - You'll want to add the FACE, RACE, RACETYPE and such in...

        Elf (Twilight)
        VISION:Darkvision (90')
        BONUS:SKILL|Hide,Move Silently,Search,Spot,Listen|4|TYPE=Racial
        ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Secret Door ~ Twilight Elf|Immunities ~ Twilight
        Elf|Mind-Affect Bonus ~ Twilight Elf
        AUTO:WEAPONPROF|Longsword|Sword (Bastard)|Longbow|Shortbow
        AUTO:FEAT|Blind-Fighting
        MOVE:Walk,40
        BONUS:STAT|DEX,CHA,INT|2
        BONUS:STAT|CON|-2
        FAVCLASS:Ranger

        # Abilities
        Secret Door ~ Twilight Elf
        CATEGORY:Special Ability
        TYPE:SpecialQuality
        DESC:A twilight elf who meerly passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to
        a Search check as though actively looking
        for it.
        Immunities ~ Twilight Elf
        CATEGORY:Special Ability
        TYPE:SpecialQuality
        DESC:Complete immunity to all forms of poison,paralysis,and magical sleep spells and effects.
        Mind-Affect Bonus ~ Twilight Elf
        CATEGORY:Special Ability
        TYPE:SpecialQuality
        DESC:+4 racial bonus on all saving throws vs Mind-Affecting spells and effects.

        Message 3 of 4 , May 7 4:41 PM
          Thanks for the help...where abouts do I put the # Abilities part? And where would I find the abilities or listing for werewolf (for info for the Drythari Elf)?

          Message 4 of 4 , May 7 8:19 PM

            Well, you can always use your 'My Pathfinder Campaign' files, located in data/homebrew.

            There you'll find the race, ability and other files that make a proper set work.

            As to the werewolf,

            data\d20ogl\paizo\pathfinder_rpg\bestiary\pfb_abilities_monsters_templates.lst

            and

            data\d20ogl\paizo\pathfinder_rpg\bestiary\pfb_races_templates.lst

            Cheers,