Weapons with multiple damage types stacking bonuses wrong

  • KO
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2013
      Pretty much figured out the Weapon Mastery feats but certain weapons are stacking the bonuses. Daggers are able to do piercing OR slashing damage and if you choose this feat for both types of damage the bonuses are stacking, how do I make them not stack?

      If I select Melee Weapon Mastery (MeleeSlashing) then the dagger gets +2, if I then select Melee Weapon Mastery (MeleePiercing) the dagger's bonus jumps to +4. It shouldn't stack like that, should it?

      srd 3.5e

      Melee Weapon Mastery
      TYPE:General.Fighter
      MULT:YES
      CHOOSE:STRING|MeleeBludgeoning|MeleePiercing|MeleeSlashing
      PREATT:8
      PREFEAT:1,Weapon Specialization
      PRETEXT:Only select a damage type done by a weapon you are specialized with
      BONUS:WEAPONPROF=TYPE.%LIST|DAMAGE,TOHIT|2|TYPE=WeaponMastery
      DESC:Bonus to hit and damage with similar melee weapons

      Ranged Weapon Mastery
      TYPE:General.Fighter
      MULT:YES
      CHOOSE:STRING|RangedBludgeoning|RangedPiercing|RangedSlashing
      PREATT:8
      PREFEAT:1,Weapon Specialization
      PRETEXT:Only select a damage type done by a weapon you are specialized with
      BONUS:WEAPONPROF=TYPE.%LIST|DAMAGE,TOHIT|2|TYPE=WeaponMastery
      DESC:Bonus to hit and damage with similar ranged weapons

      -KO
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2013

        No, it shouldn't stack.

        That is irksome, I'll look into it.