new spell keeps giving me an unclear error

  • ractoc
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 26, 2013
      I'm trying to add the following spell, and yes, I'm using tabs and it's all on one line.

      ====
      Fantastic Machine DOMAINS:Craft=6 SCHOOL:Conjuration SUBSCHOOL:Creation TYPE:Divine COMPS:V,S,DF CASTTIME:1 standard action RANGE:Medium TARGETAREA:A large machine. DURATION:(CASTERLEVEL) minutes SAVEINFO:None SPELLRES:No DESC:Your spell generates an illusory, manyarmed, noisy, massive mechanical construct of impressive appearance.
      ====

      When I try and load the spell, I get an error:
      ====
      22:06:12.958 SEVERE Thread-14 pcgen.persistence.lst.SpellLoader parseLine Invalid Token - does not contain a colon: '' in spell Fantastic Machine of Campaign: DnD Apeldoorn Campaign; SourceFile: file:/home/ractoc/pcgen6000/data/homebrew/dnda_dataset/my_spells.lst
      ====

      And I can't for the life of me figure out where my spell is going wrong. The error isn't helping much in finding the problem either.
      I have another spell in there, with exactly the same tags which works.
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 27, 2013

        Send me your file please - help@... - I'm not seeing anything wrong with the sample you submitted.

        Cheers,

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 27, 2013

          Ah ha, sneaky little SPACE was hiding in your tabs.

          SHOW SPACES and delete the offending SPACE.

          It's the second tab right here:
          TARGETAREA:A large machine.

          Cheers,

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 27, 2013
            Hey Andrew,

            Thanx that fixed it. Tricky bugger, hiding between all those TABs...

            Mark

            > Ah ha, sneaky little SPACE was hiding in your tabs.
            >
            > SHOW SPACES and delete the offending SPACE.
            >
            > It's the second tab right here:
            > TARGETAREA:A large machine.
            >
            > Cheers,
            >
            > On 4/27/2013 12:17 PM, Andrew wrote:
            > > Hi,
            > >
            > > Send me your file please - help@... - I'm not seeing anything wrong with the sample you submitted.
            > >
            > > Cheers,
            > >
            > > On 4/26/2013 1:11 PM, ractoc wrote:
            > >> Fantastic Machine DOMAINS:Craft=6 SCHOOL:Conjuration SUBSCHOOL:Creation TYPE:Divine COMPS:V,S,DF CASTTIME:1 standard action RANGE:Medium TARGETAREA:A large machine. DURATION:(CASTERLEVEL) minutes SAVEINFO:None SPELLRES:No DESC:Your spell generates an illusory, manyarmed, noisy, massive mechanical construct of impressive appearance.

            > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
            > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

          • Al
            Message 5 of 6 , May 13, 2013
              Hello,
              Can anyone tell me how to make cross class skills cost only one point in version 5.10.1? Coding is not my thing but I really want to change the cost so I can emulate a feat that makes cross class skills cost 1 point. Thanks in advance.

              Alan R. Plechaty

              ________________________________
              Ah ha, sneaky little SPACE was hiding in your tabs.

              SHOW SPACES and delete the offending SPACE.

              It's the second tab right here:
              TARGETAREA:A large machine.

              Cheers,

              On 4/27/2013 12:17 PM, Andrew wrote:
              > Hi,
              >
              > Send me your file please - help@... - I'm not seeing anything wrong with the sample you submitted.
              >
              > Cheers,
              >
              > On 4/26/2013 1:11 PM, ractoc wrote:
              >> Fantastic Machine                        DOMAINS:Craft=6        SCHOOL:Conjuration    SUBSCHOOL:Creation    TYPE:Divine    COMPS:V,S,DF    CASTTIME:1 standard action    RANGE:Medium        TARGETAREA:A large machine.                                DURATION:(CASTERLEVEL) minutes        SAVEINFO:None        SPELLRES:No        DESC:Your spell generates an illusory, manyarmed, noisy, massive mechanical construct of impressive appearance.

            • Lee Dowd
              Message 6 of 6 , May 14, 2013
                If you are just tracking a character that has this feat or characters that have it I think there is an option that sets all skills to cost 1.  Been a while since I used 5.10 though.