6.0 CHOOSE:ARMORPROFICIENCY issues

  • KO
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 24, 2013
      This is just two of the things I've tried, can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong. The idea is you select an armor type you're proficient with and receive DR 2/- with that type. I'm sure I can implement the actual DR later but I can't figure out why the CHOOSE tag is messing up.

      Armor Specialization
      TYPE:General.Fighter
      MULT:YES
      CHOOSE:ARMORPROFICIENCY|!TYPE=Light
      PREATT:12
      DESC:DR 2/– with chosen armor

      10:06:47.112 SEVERE Thread-7 pcgen.cdom.reference.AbstractReferenceManufacturer resolveReferences Error: No ArmorProf objects of TYPE=Light were loaded but were referred to in the data
      10:06:47.112 SEVERE Thread-7 pcgen.rules.context.TrackingReferenceContext unconstructedReferenceFound Was used in file:/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/PCGen/PCGen6000/data/homebrew/my_dataset/my_feats.lst in tokens: [plugin.lsttokens.choose.ArmorProficiencyToken]

      Armor Specialization
      TYPE:General.Fighter
      MULT:YES
      CHOOSE:ARMORPROFICIENCY|TYPE=Medium|TYPE=Heavy
      PREATT:12
      DESC:DR 2/– with chosen armor

      10:13:43.50 SEVERE Thread-7 pcgen.cdom.reference.AbstractReferenceManufacturer resolveReferences Error: No ArmorProf objects of TYPE=Heavy were loaded but were referred to in the data
      10:13:43.50 SEVERE Thread-7 pcgen.rules.context.TrackingReferenceContext unconstructedReferenceFound Was used in file:/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/PCGen/PCGen6000/data/homebrew/my_dataset/my_feats.lst in tokens: [plugin.lsttokens.choose.ArmorProficiencyToken]
      10:13:43.50 SEVERE Thread-7 pcgen.cdom.reference.AbstractReferenceManufacturer resolveReferences Error: No ArmorProf objects of TYPE=Medium were loaded but were referred to in the data
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 28, 2013
        Anyone..?

        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "KO" <kaejo@...> wrote:

        > This is just two of the things I've tried, can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong. The idea is you select an armor type you're proficient with and receive DR 2/- with that type. I'm sure I can implement the actual DR later but I can't figure out why the CHOOSE tag is messing up.
        >
        > Armor Specialization
        > TYPE:General.Fighter
        > MULT:YES
        > CHOOSE:ARMORPROFICIENCY|!TYPE=Light
        > PREATT:12
        > DESC:DR 2/– with chosen armor
        >
        > 10:06:47.112 SEVERE Thread-7 pcgen.cdom.reference.AbstractReferenceManufacturer resolveReferences Error: No ArmorProf objects of TYPE=Light were loaded but were referred to in the data
        > 10:06:47.112 SEVERE Thread-7 pcgen.rules.context.TrackingReferenceContext unconstructedReferenceFound Was used in file:/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/PCGen/PCGen6000/data/homebrew/my_dataset/my_feats.lst in tokens: [plugin.lsttokens.choose.ArmorProficiencyToken]
        >
        > Armor Specialization
        > TYPE:General.Fighter
        > MULT:YES
        > CHOOSE:ARMORPROFICIENCY|TYPE=Medium|TYPE=Heavy
        > PREATT:12
        > DESC:DR 2/– with chosen armor
        >
        > 10:13:43.50 SEVERE Thread-7 pcgen.cdom.reference.AbstractReferenceManufacturer resolveReferences Error: No ArmorProf objects of TYPE=Heavy were loaded but were referred to in the data
        > 10:13:43.50 SEVERE Thread-7 pcgen.rules.context.TrackingReferenceContext unconstructedReferenceFound Was used in file:/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/PCGen/PCGen6000/data/homebrew/my_dataset/my_feats.lst in tokens: [plugin.lsttokens.choose.ArmorProficiencyToken]
        > 10:13:43.50 SEVERE Thread-7 pcgen.cdom.reference.AbstractReferenceManufacturer resolveReferences Error: No ArmorProf objects of TYPE=Medium were loaded but were referred to in the data
        > 10:13:43.50 SEVERE Thread-7 pcgen.rules.context.TrackingReferenceContext unconstructedReferenceFound Was used in file:/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/PCGen/PCGen6000/data/homebrew/my_dataset/my_feats.lst in tokens: [plugin.lsttokens.choose.ArmorProficiencyToken]

      • Doug Limmer
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 28, 2013
          I don't know that you're doing anything wrong. Looking at the armor
          proficiency file for Pathfinder, the armor proficiencies don't have
          types, and other game modes are probably similar. So, it won't find any
          of type Light, since there aren't any.

          CHOOSE:EQUIPMENT|TYPE=Armor,Medium|Armor,Heavy might work.
          CHOOSE:EQUIPMENT|TYPE=Armor,!Light might work. It's a little hard for
          me to understand what exactly is allowed based on the description in the
          documentation.

          It would probably make more sense to use CHOOSE:ARMORPROFICIENCY, but if
          the data files aren't set up for it, there's only so much you can do.

          DS/DL

          On 4/28/2013 4:45 PM, KO wrote:

          > Anyone..?
          >
          > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
          > <mailto:PCGenListFileHelp%40yahoogroups.com>, "KO" <kaejo@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > This is just two of the things I've tried, can someone tell me what
          > I'm doing wrong. The idea is you select an armor type you're
          > proficient with and receive DR 2/- with that type. I'm sure I can
          > implement the actual DR later but I can't figure out why the CHOOSE
          > tag is messing up.
          > >
          > > Armor Specialization
          > > TYPE:General.Fighter
          > > MULT:YES
          > > CHOOSE:ARMORPROFICIENCY|!TYPE=Light
          > > PREATT:12
          > > DESC:DR 2/-- with chosen armor
          > >
          > > 10:06:47.112 SEVERE Thread-7
          > pcgen.cdom.reference.AbstractReferenceManufacturer resolveReferences
          > Error: No ArmorProf objects of TYPE=Light were loaded but were
          > referred to in the data
          > > 10:06:47.112 SEVERE Thread-7
          > pcgen.rules.context.TrackingReferenceContext
          > unconstructedReferenceFound Was used in
          > file:/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/PCGen/PCGen6000/data/homebrew/my_dataset/my_feats.lst
          > in tokens: [plugin.lsttokens.choose.ArmorProficiencyToken]
          > >
          > > Armor Specialization
          > > TYPE:General.Fighter
          > > MULT:YES
          > > CHOOSE:ARMORPROFICIENCY|TYPE=Medium|TYPE=Heavy
          > > PREATT:12
          > > DESC:DR 2/-- with chosen armor
          > >
          > > 10:13:43.50 SEVERE Thread-7
          > pcgen.cdom.reference.AbstractReferenceManufacturer resolveReferences
          > Error: No ArmorProf objects of TYPE=Heavy were loaded but were
          > referred to in the data
          > > 10:13:43.50 SEVERE Thread-7
          > pcgen.rules.context.TrackingReferenceContext
          > unconstructedReferenceFound Was used in
          > file:/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/PCGen/PCGen6000/data/homebrew/my_dataset/my_feats.lst
          > in tokens: [plugin.lsttokens.choose.ArmorProficiencyToken]
          > > 10:13:43.50 SEVERE Thread-7
          > pcgen.cdom.reference.AbstractReferenceManufacturer resolveReferences
          > Error: No ArmorProf objects of TYPE=Medium were loaded but were
          > referred to in the data
          > > 10:13:43.50 SEVERE Thread-7
          > pcgen.rules.context.TrackingReferenceContext
          > unconstructedReferenceFound Was used in
          > file:/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/PCGen/PCGen6000/data/homebrew/my_dataset/my_feats.lst
          > in tokens: [plugin.lsttokens.choose.ArmorProficiencyToken]

        • Eric C Smith
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 28, 2013
            Hi Folks!

            There does seem to be an issue here which will need to be looked into, though I'm not sure if its a Doc issue or a Code issue.

            Try the following:

            CHOOSE:ARMMORPRIFICIENCY|EQUIPMENT[TYPE=Armor,!TYPE=Light]

            Maredudd
            Docs 2nd

            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 28, 2013
              That seemed to work, I was all excited...

              Then I noticed Breastplate was missing from the list along with a few others of both medium and heavy types. It didn't list any light armors though.

              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 28, 2013
                What gamemode and data sets are you using?

                Maredudd

                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 28, 2013
                  3.5e srd

                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 28, 2013
                    I looked at the data files and Breastplate has the correct type tag. Are you by chance applying some feat or ability that is modifying the armor proficiency? I'm not even sure of there is anything that would do that in such a way that it would have this effect . . .

                    Maredudd

                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 28, 2013
                      No nothing, and breastplate wasn't the only one missing. These are all of the available selections...
                      Banded Mail
                      Barding (Heavy)
                      Barding (Medium)
                      Full Plate