Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Modding Magic Missile breaks wizard

    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 20 2:18 PM

      I don't see anything (You did send it to me - admin@..., or perhaps help@...?)

      This mailing list won't accept attachments.

      Cheers,

    • Max Paige
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 21 1:18 PM
        Sent an email to admin@..., please let me know if you need any other
        files or if you didn't recieve it.

        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 21 1:21 PM

          I got it, and nothing jumps out at me. Is that everything you're using that's homebrew? Nothing else
          that might be causing any issues?

          How bout the Log? Any errors in your log?

        • Barak
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 21 11:00 PM
            You sholdn't add "Magic Missile.MOD"... You should simply add "Magic
            Missile"... There is no "Magic Missile.MOD" spell. You've modified the
            original, not created a new spell.

            Barak
            On Apr 20, 2013 3:35 AM, "Max Paige" <paige.m89@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > I'm trying to add spells to a couple of custom classes. In my spells.lst
            > file, I added the line:
            >
            > Magic Missile.MOD CLASSES:ClassName=1
            >
            > This doesn't work in two different ways:
            > 1) I add the spell "Magic Missile.MOD" to my class's spell list, not just
            > magic missile (but the spell added has the full description & everything
            > for magic missile).
            > 2) When I try to make a wizard, I can select the favorite schools, but then
            > no other menus come up - such as starting clothes or HP - and it doesn't
            > add a level of wizard. Furthermore, I can't add any levels to any other
            > class once this bug has occurred. This happens 100% of the time.
            >
            > Thanks for any help!

          • Max Paige
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 22 9:55 AM
              But I don't want to create a new spell, I want to modify the original and
              add it to a new class's spell list. I can't find any way to do that in the
              documentation, but <spell name>.MOD seems to be the only way possible.

              On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 2:00 AM, Barak <barako@...> wrote:

              > You sholdn't add "Magic Missile.MOD"... You should simply add "Magic
              > Missile"... There is no "Magic Missile.MOD" spell. You've modified the
              > original, not created a new spell.
              >
              > Barak
              > On Apr 20, 2013 3:35 AM, "Max Paige" <paige.m89@...> wrote:
              >
              > > **
              > >

              > > I'm trying to add spells to a couple of custom classes. In my spells.lst
              > > file, I added the line:
              > >
              > > Magic Missile.MOD CLASSES:ClassName=1
              > >
              > > This doesn't work in two different ways:
              > > 1) I add the spell "Magic Missile.MOD" to my class's spell list, not just
              > > magic missile (but the spell added has the full description & everything
              > > for magic missile).
              > > 2) When I try to make a wizard, I can select the favorite schools, but
              > then
              > > no other menus come up - such as starting clothes or HP - and it doesn't
              > > add a level of wizard. Furthermore, I can't add any levels to any other
              > > class once this bug has occurred. This happens 100% of the time.
              > >
              > > Thanks for any help!

            • Barak
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 22 1:36 PM
                On Apr 22, 2013 5:55 PM, "Max Paige" <paige.m89@...> wrote:

                > But I don't want to create a new spell, I want to modify the original and
                > add it to a new class's spell list. I can't find any way to do that in the
                > documentation, but <spell name>.MOD seems to be the only way possible.

                And that's what you do when you use. MOD.

                However, you still refer to the spell by its regular name...

                You said you used "Magic Missile.MOD" to try and add it to the spell list
                and that is incorrect. You should still use "Magic Missile" when you want
                to refer to the modified spell.

                Barak