EQMOD dividing base AC of Base Item

  • aladdinofatl
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 18, 2013
      So in the campaign we are about to run, my DM is allowing some whacky stuff because its based on One Piece. I brought up an april fools joke feat from dandwiki and my girlfriend loved it. The DM said he would accept it as long as I could make it work. While I was coding in the stuff I ran into a bit of a snag.

      http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Bikini_Armor_Template_(3.5e_Equipment)

      I'm coding the "armor template" in as a Equipment modification and I've decided to let PCGEN round down the AC value that the page calls for. However I have no idea how to grab the AC value from the base item and replace it in the BONUS tag. Here's what I have so far:

      Bikini Armor KEY:BIKINI TYPE:Armor COST:((BASECOST*2)+150) BONUS:EQMARMOR|ACCHECK|if(ARMORACCHECK==0,0,3) BONUS:EQM|WEIGHTDIV|5 BONUS:EQMARMOR|SPELLFAILURE|-15 BONUS:COMBAT|AC|floor(AC/3)|TYPE=Base.REPLACE BONUS:COMBAT|AC|1|PREARMORTYPE:1,TYPE.Heavy BONUS:EQMARMOR|MAXDEX|2 REPLACES:MWORKA NAMEOPT:TEXT=Bikini FORMATCAT:FRONT ITYPE:Masterwork VISIBLE:QUALIFY

      It shoots through the loader fine, but it locks up PCGEN 6.0001 RC 1. I've commented it out, and I REALLY don't want to write separate equipment out. Any ideas?
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 18, 2013
        Hi,

        BONUS:COMBAT|AC|floor(AC.ARMOR/3)

        I believe should do what you're asking for.

        Though I have to ask, why are you using TYPE=Base?

        Perhaps the better solution would be to code up the 8 or so variants of Bikini Armor. Seems to get
        the formula and removal out of the way.

        Cheers,

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 18, 2013
          There really isn't any documentation on the type of optional bonuses or TYPE tags that can be used at the end of some of these BONUS tags. I actually started to write the separate armor in and JUST discovered TYPE=Armor at the end of the BONUS:COMBAT|AC tag from the RSRD_equip_armorshield LST.

          Honestly I'd like to be able to apply it to any armor, just for fun. Bikini Demon Armor just crossed my mind lol

          Thanks!

          > BONUS:COMBAT|AC|floor(AC.ARMOR/3)
          >
          > I believe should do what you're asking for.
          >
          > Though I have to ask, why are you using TYPE=Base?
          >
          > Perhaps the better solution would be to code up the 8 or so variants of Bikini Armor. Seems to get
          > the formula and removal out of the way.
          >
          > Cheers,
          >
          > On 4/18/2013 5:18 PM, aladdinofatl wrote:
          > > So in the campaign we are about to run, my DM is allowing some whacky stuff because its based on One Piece. I brought up an april fools joke feat from dandwiki and my girlfriend loved it. The DM said he would accept it as long as I could make it work. While I was coding in the stuff I ran into a bit of a snag.
          > >
          > > http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Bikini_Armor_Template_(3.5e_Equipment)
          > >
          > > I'm coding the "armor template" in as a Equipment modification and I've decided to let PCGEN round down the AC value that the page calls for. However I have no idea how to grab the AC value from the base item and replace it in the BONUS tag. Here's what I have so far:
          > >
          > > Bikini Armor KEY:BIKINI TYPE:Armor COST:((BASECOST*2)+150) BONUS:EQMARMOR|ACCHECK|if(ARMORACCHECK==0,0,3) BONUS:EQM|WEIGHTDIV|5 BONUS:EQMARMOR|SPELLFAILURE|-15 BONUS:COMBAT|AC|floor(AC/3)|TYPE=Base.REPLACE BONUS:COMBAT|AC|1|PREARMORTYPE:1,TYPE.Heavy BONUS:EQMARMOR|MAXDEX|2 REPLACES:MWORKA NAMEOPT:TEXT=Bikini FORMATCAT:FRONT ITYPE:Masterwork VISIBLE:QUALIFY
          > >
          > > It shoots through the loader fine, but it locks up PCGEN 6.0001 RC 1. I've commented it out, and I REALLY don't want to write separate equipment out. Any ideas?

          > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
          > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

        • Maredudd
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 19, 2013
            Hi Folks!

            If you look at the top of the Bonus Docs page there is a good description of hoe TYPEs are used with BONUS tags

            Maredudd
            Docs 2nd

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 25, 2013
              The AC.ARMOR is throwing an exception. Its an invalid ACTYPE: ARMOR
              its not the TYPE tag, I tried it with and without the tag, even lowering the case on the AC.Armor. No dice.

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 25, 2013
                The AC.ARMOR threw an exception as a invalid ACType. Have you tried it out?