Shield Master Feat (bug reintroduced - what is the right fix?)

  • virtualjack@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6, 2013

      It looks like a bug got reintroduced in 6 with the Shield Master feat. The bonus entry reads

      BONUS:VAR|ShieldBashAttackBonus|var("ARMOR.SHIELD.EQUIPPED.0.ACBONUS") BONUS:VAR|ShieldBashDamageBonus|var("ARMOR.SHIELD.EQUIPPED.0.ACBONUS")

      but the ShieldBashAttackBonus variable isn't used anywhere. Also, it isn't ACBONUS it is enhancement bonus. The following syntax works

      BONUS:COMBAT|DAMAGE.Shieldbash|var("ARMOR.SHIELD.EQUIPPED.0.ACBONUS")-var("ARMOR.SHIELD.EQUIPPED.0.BASEAC")

      BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT.Shieldbash|var("ARMOR.SHIELD.EQUIPPED.0.ACBONUS")-var("ARMOR.SHIELD.EQUIPPED.0.BASEAC")

      So I was going to submit a bug report, but I am only 90% of the way there. The reason is that the Shield Master feat also takes care of the shield penalties for two weapon fighting.

      Unfortunately the TOHIT-SECONDARY field doesn't work quite the way that I'd like it to. So the question then becomes, should get modified. Does it make more sense to have TOHIT-SECONDARY as a valid modifier after COMBAT, or should it be a valid modifier after WEAPONPROF.

      i.e. which of the following is better?

      BONUS:WEAPONPROF=Shieldbash|TOHIT-SECONDARY|2

      or

      BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT-SECONDARY.Shieldbash|2

      (to the best of my knowledge, neither work right now so this is an enhancement request).

      Also, would we go about differentiating between heavy and light penalties, or just assume that the person will use a light shield in the off hand?
    • virtualjack@rocketmail.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 8, 2013
        I created DATA-1035 to deal with the first part. I'm conflicted about the second part - I'll see how the first part is handled before making suggestions that may do more harm than good.

        ---Jack