Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: MULT:YES and CHOOSE:NUMBER and DATA-177

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31, 2013

      Might I draw your attention to this note:

      *Note:* This will only bring up the chooser if invoked from the Temporary Bonus tab.

      Which means you needto have a PREAPPLY to activate that chooser.

      On 3/31/2013 3:42 PM, rogerwllco wrote:
      > Hmmm bummer. It seems it's been used a lot by CMP. It doesn't seem to work in 5.14 though. I'll try your suggestion, to make at least the error go away.
      >
      > Does that mean that CHOOSE:NUMBER (Global CHOOSE)
      > is incorrect documentation?
      > http://www.pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/listfilepages/globalfilestagpages/globalfileschoose.html#NUMBER
      >
      > I'm not sure if I understand all the words you're using?
      > Tempmods is for stuff like applying Mage Armor to a PC,
      > and Equipmods are for Mighty? The documentation is clear that there is a specific CHOOSE:NUMBER for the last one.
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Adriaan Renting/RogerWilco

      >> Hi,
      >>
      >> CHOOSE:NUMBER is not a global choose. Much as I wish it was. It only works for TEMPMODS, and I think
      >> EquipMods.
      >>
      >> Change the CHOOSE:NUMBER to STRING, and change the Min and Max to just
      >>
      >> CHOOSE:STRING|1|2|3|4|5|6|etc.
      >>
      >> Cheers,
      >>
      >> On 3/31/2013 6:27 AM, rogerwllco wrote:
      >>> Currently in my CMP data, Hardness (for inanimate objects) is coded like this:
      >>>
      >>> Hardness
      >>> TYPE:SpecialQual.Extraordinary
      >>> VISIBLE:NO
      >>> SAB:Hardness (Ex) ~ %|Hardness
      >>> DEFINE:Hardness|0
      >>> MULT:YES
      >>> CHOOSE:NUMBER|MIN=1|MAX=25|TITLE=Animated Object Hardness
      >>> BONUS:VAR|Hardness|LIST
      >>>
      >>> I get the following error:
      >>>
      >>> 15:04:50.650 SEVERE Thread-7 plugin.lsttokens.ability.MultToken process Ability (FEAT) Hardness had MULT:YES but no CHOOSE (Source: file:/Users/renting/meuk/DnD35/PCGen%206.00.0.app/Contents/Resources/Java/vendordata/cmp/rules_system_v35e/wizards_of_the_coast/generic/campaign_setting/monster_manual/mmanl_d20_fantasy_v35e_feat.lst)
      >>>
      >>> The weird thing is that it does have a CHOOSE?
      >>>
      >>> I know that probably at some point I should recode these things, but shouldn't this just work?
      >>>
      >>> I've looked through the code but that doesn't make me much wiser. I did find a JIRA that seems related DATA-177
      >>> http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-177
      >>>
      >>> It seems to have a fix for 5.17.5 removing the MULT:YES and then mentions something about TEMPBONUS, which is a new tag in 6.01.01, not 5.17.x ?
      >>> http://www.pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/listfilepages/globalfilestagpages/globalfilesbonus.html#TEMPBONUS
      >>>
      >>> It's very confusing. How should I code this? Why does MULT:YES not Work with CHOOSE:NUMBER?
      >>>
      >>> Cheers,
      >>>
      >>> Adriaan Renting/RogerWilco

    • rogerwllco
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 31, 2013
        Thanks for clarifying. As I said in an earlier discussion a couple of months ago, I never fully understood how the temporary bonuses work. I just write everything out as templates and then apply those as needed.

        In the mean time CHOOSE:STRING does seem to solve the problem, or at least make the error go away, I could have trouble using the result in some of the math that seems to be going on. But I first want to have my sources load without errors, then I'll worry about if everything works.