Re: coding the Pious Templar

  • rogerwllco
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 12, 2013

      > KNOWNSPELLS should be a CLASS LINE, not aSUBCLASS LINE, if I remember correctly. You'll need to test.

      I'll try to test this, but it might be a couple of weeks.

      > And if the class has no 0th level spells, I'd remove the LEVEL=0 entry.
      >
      > Why is the class a Subclass anyways?

      Because you get to choose different spelllists depending on your alignment. Good aligned characters get Paladin spells, Evil aligned characters get Blackguard spells, Neutral characters can choose.

      I don't think you can accomplish that with CHOOSE:SPELLLIST or CHOOSE:SPELLS

      What I'm basically trying to accomplish in speudocode is something like:
      CLASS ... CHOOSE:SPELLLIST|NUMCHOICES=1|[Paladin|!PREALIGN:LE,NE,CE],[Blackguard|!PREALIGN:LG,NG,CG]

      The main reason I'm upgrading to 6.00 is in the hope that new mechanics have been introduced that could make these class mechanics work because in 5.14 I couldn't make them work. This is how CMP coded it, but I don't think it ever worked properly and neither does the Rainbow Servant. I know it should have worked according to the 5.14 documentation but it didn't work when I tried using it. That resulted in JIRA DOC-123.

      Cheers,

      Adriaan Renting.