Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: Substitution class levels and PROHIBITSPELLS/KNOWNSPELLS

    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 8, 2013

      PROHIBITSPELL should be a Class Level line only, I don't think it's supported on Sub or Substitution
      class level lines.

      You'll have to be creative to toggle when it is active though.

      On 3/8/2013 7:33 AM, rogerwllco wrote:
      > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Doug Limmer <adventure@...> wrote:
      >> If they're specific spells known, a tag like
      >> SPELLKNOWN:CLASS|Sorcerer=1|Enlarge Person in an ability should work.
      >>
      > I tried
      > CLASS:Sorcerer.MOD
      > KNOWNSPELLS:Gust of Wind|Whispering Wind|Wind Wall|PRECLASS:1,Sorcerer=5
      >
      > but that didn't work.
      >
      > You suggestion showed me the way though, using SPELLKNOWN:CLASS instead of KNOWNSPELLS does work. I didn't even have to make an ability for it, it works directly on the SUBCLASSLEVEL line.
      >
      >> If they can be chosen from any sorcerer spell, a tag like
      >> BONUS:SPELLKNOWN|CLASS=Sorcerer;LEVEL=1|3 should work.
      >>
      >> I'm not sure what you mean by "prohibit them at a certain level". You
      >> can use the PROHIBITSPELL tag in a class level line, and it takes PRExxx
      >> tags, so you should be able to turn it off later if you need to. That
      >> might be able to do what the substitution level calls for.
      >>
      > I've tried the following three constructs:
      > CLASS:Cleric.MOD PROHIBITSPELL:ALIGNMENT.Good|PREDEITYALIGN:LE,NE,CE
      >
      > or
      >
      > SUBSTITUTIONCLASS:Raptoran Cleric PREDOMAIN:1,Air,Sky
      > PRERACE:1,Raptoran% PROHIBITSPELL:ALIGNMENT.Good|PREDEITYALIGN:LE,NE,CE
      >
      > or
      >
      > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 PROHIBITSPELL:ALIGNMENT.Good|PREDEITYALIGN:LE,NE,CE
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Adriaan Renting/RogerWilco
      >
      > I haven't tried adding a PRECLASS of some kind, as that might make it harder to interpret any errors.
      >> DS/DL
      >>
      >> On 3/8/2013 9:52 AM, rogerwllco wrote:
      >>> In my conversion of D&D 3.5 to PCGen 6.0 I'm encountering several
      >>> substitution classes that grant new spells at a certain levels or
      >>> prohibit them at a certain level.
      >>>
      >>> For example the Raptoran Sorcerer from Races of the Wild gets 3 bonus
      >>> spells known at racial substitution level 5.
      >>>
      >>> The converter throws a SEVERE error on this and according to the
      >>> documentation it only works for CLASS lines, which is not what I need.
      >>>
      >>> Putting it on the SUBSTITUTIONCLASS line doesn't seem to help.
      >>>
      >>> Anyone has an idea if this can be implemented?
      >>>
      >>> Cheers,
      >>>
      >>> Adriaan Renting/RogerWilco

    • rogerwllco
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 13, 2013
        Does that mean this can not be accomplished in a CLASS:x.MOD in any way? Can this only be done by modifying the original class?

        How would you support this in the rsrd if I wanted to add something like this through homebrew? Or would I have to replace the rsrd Cleric to make something like this work?

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 14, 2013

          Sorry, long week at work...

          CLASS:Blah.MOD would work just fine. Like I said, it just can become a little tricky. But still doable.

          If you need an example I can help.

          Cheers,

        • Ricky
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 15, 2013
            Hi ,
            I'm just a user like you, and i'am interested in your same problem wirh PROHIBITSPELL. I found that there is already a jira submitted for this expansion of validity:
            Http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/NEWTAG-276

            Regards

            Inviato da Yahoo! Mail su Android

          • rogerwllco
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 16, 2013
              Your comment there does indeed seem to be exactly the case I'm having trouble with:substitution classes for cleric/druid.
              In my case in the Races of X books, some of the Complete series and such.

              Cheers,

              RogerWilco/Adriaan Renting

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 18, 2013
                Hi all,
                Gotcha! I coded many wizards' closed content books into dataset for my group... Including the Complete series ...

                Inviato da Yahoo! Mail su Android