CHOOSE:SPELLLIST|x

  • rogerwllco
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 7, 2013
      The converter to 6.0 doesn't like this syntax.

      What it seems to do is allow you to select one of your known spells, with an option of restricting it to only those classes that use a spellbook.

      According to the documentation it then allows up to your spellstat bonus selections. I only encounter it being used to select one spell known not multiple in several feats. It might work different than documented or CMP coded it incorrectly.

      "Select one spell you can cast"
      "Select one of your spells or spelllike abilities"
      "Select two spells you know and can cast".

      What is the best way to code this in 6.0, assuming the converter is right and CHOOSE:SPELLLIST|x is deprecated syntax?

      Would CHOOSE:SPELLS|ALL[KNOWN=YES] be the way to do this?

      I'm a bit unsure what the "Spellbook required" in CHOOSE:SPELLLIST|Y is supposed to do, and I can't clearly find why it should be x=Y in the feats I find, except for one that refers to prepared spells, but that feat has x=N oddly enough.

      One of the feats is available in the RSRD and is coded as

      CHOOSE:SPELLS|SPELLTYPE=Arcane[KNOWN=YES]|SPELLTYPE=Divine[KNOWN=YES]

      What's the difference with CHOOSE:SPELLS|ALL[KNOWN=YES] ? Are there any other spelltypes than Arcane and Divine?

      Cheers,

      Adriaan Renting/RogerWilco
    • Eric C Smith
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 7, 2013
        Hi Adriaan,

        This tag is deprecated.

        In looking into this one, and the other two you have mentioned, it looks like there are a number of tags that were set for deprecation that did not get passed over to the Doc team. I', going through the code now and will be picking up a few others that have fallen through the crack and will be labeling them as deptecated in the docs. They should all be removed for the 6.2 release.

        Maredudd

        On Mar 8, 2013, at 12:07 AM, rogerwllco wrote:

        > The converter to 6.0 doesn't like this syntax.
        >
        > What it seems to do is allow you to select one of your known spells, with an option of restricting it to only those classes that use a spellbook.
        >
        > According to the documentation it then allows up to your spellstat bonus selections. I only encounter it being used to select one spell known not multiple in several feats. It might work different than documented or CMP coded it incorrectly.
        >
        > "Select one spell you can cast"
        > "Select one of your spells or spelllike abilities"
        > "Select two spells you know and can cast".
        >
        > What is the best way to code this in 6.0, assuming the converter is right and CHOOSE:SPELLLIST|x is deprecated syntax?
        >
        > Would CHOOSE:SPELLS|ALL[KNOWN=YES] be the way to do this?
        >
        > I'm a bit unsure what the "Spellbook required" in CHOOSE:SPELLLIST|Y is supposed to do, and I can't clearly find why it should be x=Y in the feats I find, except for one that refers to prepared spells, but that feat has x=N oddly enough.
        >
        > One of the feats is available in the RSRD and is coded as
        >
        > CHOOSE:SPELLS|SPELLTYPE=Arcane[KNOWN=YES]|SPELLTYPE=Divine[KNOWN=YES]
        >
        > What's the difference with CHOOSE:SPELLS|ALL[KNOWN=YES] ? Are there any other spelltypes than Arcane and Divine?
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > Adriaan Renting/RogerWilco

      • Rob
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 7, 2013
          No idea on the rest, but this question... Yes; Psionics.

          At one time, there was another spell type, but I can't recall offhand what
          it was (and now I'm thinking there was more than 1 more)

          W. Robert Reed III
          Mynex