Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Adding spells selected from CHOOSE to a spell list

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 21 11:47 AM

      Sadly, no. SPELLKNOWN and SPELLLEVEL don't take substitution variables. There is a New Tag Feature
      Request to add that.

      Cheers,

      On 2/21/2013 11:36 AM, madartiste wrote:
      > Right, so the setting I'm working on has a class with an ability that has me a bit stumped. One of the prereqs for the class is being a spell caster of either type (arcane or divine), and each level in the prestige class grants the standard "+1 level of existing class" bonus to spells.
      >
      > The ability, however, lets the pc choose two spells of a type they can't cast (if they're a divine caster, they can pick to arcane spells and visa versa). I ended up splitting it into two different abilities, one for choosing arcane spells, one for choosing divine spells. This part works fine, and I was even able to limit the PC to choosing either ability based on which type of spells they can normally cast.
      >
      > My stumbling block is the part where the two chosen spells get added to the character's previous spell list... Since they could literally have come from ANY spell casting class previously and the spells can be picked from any level that they cast.
      >
      > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed? Thanks!

    • madartiste
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 21 1:06 PM
        Fair enough. I was wonder if this was the case.
        It's just as easy to simply have it list the spells in the ability and be content with that. I can revisit the ability if/when that new tag gets added! Thank you, Andrew.