D20M class abilities descriptions

  • FerretDave
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 21 7:33 AM
      Greetings

      Just trying to homebrew the d20M abilities to add more detail on the OS and had a problem.

      The class abilities are defined as 'Special Ability' and add a SAB, which is output, but to modify these, and add a DESC, am I right in thinking they would need to be completely rebuilt as 'Special Quality' or 'Special Attack' to be able to add a description on the OS ?

      Or is it easier to change the OS to get it to output any DESC (and SOURCESHORT/SOURCEPAGE) if they exist?

      D20M / PCGen 6.0.0

      Cheers
      Dave
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 21 9:47 AM

        You'd have to .MOD the Abilities in question. You'll need to do SAB:.CLEAR and add your DESC. Then
        of course the TYPE's need to be included.

        If you want to actually alter the real abilities, open a JIRA, I'll assign it to you. Make a .PATCH
        and I'll push it in if it looks good since you're the main user of the modern stuff.

        Cheers,

        On 2/21/2013 7:33 AM, FerretDave wrote:
        > Greetings
        >
        > Just trying to homebrew the d20M abilities to add more detail on the OS and had a problem.
        >
        > The class abilities are defined as 'Special Ability' and add a SAB, which is output, but to modify these, and add a DESC, am I right in thinking they would need to be completely rebuilt as 'Special Quality' or 'Special Attack' to be able to add a description on the OS ?
        >
        > Or is it easier to change the OS to get it to output any DESC (and SOURCESHORT/SOURCEPAGE) if they exist?
        >
        > D20M / PCGen 6.0.0
        >
        > Cheers
        > Dave

      • FerretDave