4e: point buy method

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 21, 2013
      I finally have the basic gamemode working for 4e. Having trouble setting up the point buy method. you're supposed to start with 8,10,10,10,10,10. I know I can setup purchase score minimum, but, how can I get only one score down to 8, while keeping the rest at min10? and what would be the best way to select which stat starts at 8?
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 21, 2013
        Hi,

        That's beyond what the point buy engine can currently do - as far as I know. I have a few ideas how
        to work around it, but I think this might require a discussion to actually address the point buy system.

        To address the issue for you though. Figure out what the points would be to drop those five stats to
        8 from the 10, and then alter how many points they start with accordingly. It's not the 8, and 10's
        but at least it gives you a legal build base.

        Perhaps we can get a code monkey to look at what would be required to alter the system.

        Pushing the discussion over to experimental for that inquiry.

        Cheers,

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 21, 2013
          That was my first idea for a workaround, just wondering if there was a better way, that I didn't see. Is there a way of validation that would make, or at least encourage you to get at least 5 of the stats over 10?