Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] 4e gamemode

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 20 11:36 PM

      I sent you the copy I house which should be an updated version (I.e. it loads without any errors).
      Try that and see if it solves your issues.

      On 2/20/2013 5:34 PM, Michael wrote:
      > So, I'm still working on getting 4e gamemode to work, making progress.
      > Several of the tab contexts are pointing to tabpages/players when they should just point to tabpages. Had to # out inventoryresources and inventorytempbonus since those don't seem to exist.
      >
      > Also getting an error about Unconstructed Reference: SizeAdjustment for both Colossal and Diminutive, but those don't exist in 4e, so how do I clear that? For right now, I copied info from another size and recalled it colossal and Diminutive. But, I'm guessing that's going to cause problems in the future. How do I get PCGen to forget about those two size categories?

    • csn290
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 14, 2014

        Andrew - sorry for the thread necro, but is it possible to get a copy of the 4e set you are using?
        My wife is looking to play a 4e campaign after she got into the Neverwinter MMO and I wanted to use PCGen to help speed up the process- since Broadsword no longer seems to work on my comp.

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 15, 2014

          Wow, almost exactly a year old...

          To answer the question, it's against the PCGen BoD policy to furnish the 4e testing set we made - more specifically, it's against our policy to ask for or offer closed content book sources on our mailing lists (It's mainly to avoid any legal entanglements, as a volunteer organization we don't have the resources or a lawyer on retainer to run such things by). Unfortunately, to play 4e, I'm left telling you you'll have to either make your own version (using this mailing list as a resource) or if you happen to know a group that has their own copy, join them and get a copy.

          I think a few people on here are big into homebrew stuff.

          On a side note, I only played 4e once for my personal group, haven't really developed anything up to standards that would be proud pcgen. I have helped several people over the years make their own sets. Sorry I can't help you out.

          Though, I really have to ask, "Broadsword"? I've never heard of that, what is it?

          Cheers,

          Andrew
          On 1/14/2014 11:53 PM, csn290@... wrote:

          Andrew - sorry for the thread necro, but is it possible to get a copy of the 4e set you are using?
          My wife is looking to play a 4e campaign after she got into the Neverwinter MMO and I wanted to use PCGen to help speed up the process- since Broadsword no longer seems to work on my comp.

        • nylanfs
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 15, 2014
            Don't forget that there's the 4e base set that was made without any of the data but the framework was setup. Although now it doesn't seem to be in the repo.
          • nylanfs
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 15, 2014
              And I just discovered that the link in the doc's is wrong (and I've entered a JIRA for that).

              Here's the link
              http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcgen/files/PCGen%20Stable%20Datasets/5.16.1%20OOC%20Data%20Sets/5160_pcgen_4e_starter_set_0.1.zip/download

              And seeing as how this is from 5.16.00, would there be anything in this that needs updated Andrew?