Re: choser to select FEAT or ABILITY?

  • rogerwllco
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 20, 2013
      Ok, I think I get it now.

      I kind of made BONUS:ABILITYPOOL to be CHOOSE:ABILITYPOOL in my head as it does give a choice like mechanic. But BONUS:ABILITYPOOL will only give you new abilities not alter ones you already have.

      Am I correct that what you're trying to tell me, is that CHOOSE:ABILITY can't do that at the moment either so it can't be combined with something like BONUS:DC|%LIST|2 or BONUS:DAMAGE|%LIST|2 as things like DC and DAMAGE aren't properties of the ABILITY itself of of the things the ability grants?

      But CHOOSE:FEAT using hidden feats would have the same problem, right?

      So currently there is no good way to do something like
      BONUS:DC|%LIST|2 CHOOSE:ABILITY|FooBarBlast choice or
      BONUS:DC|%LIST|2 CHOOSE:ABILITY|TYPE=FooBarBlast or
      BONUS:DC|%LIST|2 CHOOSE:FEAT|TYPE=FooBarBlast

      for a hypotetical feat like Improved FooBarBlast DESC:Your FooBarBlast %1 now has a 2 higher DC|%CHOICE

      And then for CHOOSE:ABILITY you either need an ABILITYCATEGORY "FooBarBlast choice" which can be an ABILITYLIST or have TYPE=FooBarBlast but then all abilities available for FooBarBlast need to have TYPE=FooBarBlast.

      Cheers,

      Adriaan Renting/RogerWilco
    • FerretDave
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 21, 2013
        Good old wizards eh? :-)
        Thanks Drew, now to review errata and update my homebrew.

        > The RSRD is unchanged, un-updated and Wizards has declined to put any errata updates in the RSRD.
        > So, the RSRD is pretty much static and unchanged. All the changes you're seeing in it are putting in
        > what we should have included years ago. Full Spell Descriptions, full feat descriptions, full
        > individualized abilities for each creature and class.
        >
        > The common consolidation was fine, but very limiting.
        >
        > You are free to put errata updates into your personal copy. However, unless the BoD decides to
        > change policy and stance, the Release version of the RSRD set will adhere to the RSRD as put out by
        > Wizards.
        >
        > On 2/20/2013 1:50 AM, FerretDave wrote:
        > > Greetings,
        > >
        > >> but more importantly, it doesn't have the errata.
        > >>
        > > ! That's worth noting... do you have notes on which *mechanics* are actually changed, that could be applied to the RSRD?
        > >
        > > Would we have permission to include Errata updates into the RSRD?
        > >
        > > Cheers
        > > Dave

        > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
        > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

      • Andrew Wilson
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 21, 2013
          On 21 February 2013 09:20, FerretDave <ferret.griffin@...> wrote:

          > Good old wizards eh? :-)

          I have no idea why anyone still gives them money. I know I don't.