Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: choser to select FEAT or ABILITY?

    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 20, 2013
      Hi,

      The RSRD is unchanged, un-updated and Wizards has declined to put any errata updates in the RSRD.
      So, the RSRD is pretty much static and unchanged. All the changes you're seeing in it are putting in
      what we should have included years ago. Full Spell Descriptions, full feat descriptions, full
      individualized abilities for each creature and class.

      The common consolidation was fine, but very limiting.

      You are free to put errata updates into your personal copy. However, unless the BoD decides to
      change policy and stance, the Release version of the RSRD set will adhere to the RSRD as put out by
      Wizards.

      On 2/20/2013 1:50 AM, FerretDave wrote:
      > Greetings,
      >
      >> but more importantly, it doesn't have the errata.
      >>
      > ! That's worth noting... do you have notes on which *mechanics* are actually changed, that could be applied to the RSRD?
      >
      > Would we have permission to include Errata updates into the RSRD?
      >
      > Cheers
      > Dave

    • rogerwllco
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 20, 2013
        Ok, I think I get it now.

        I kind of made BONUS:ABILITYPOOL to be CHOOSE:ABILITYPOOL in my head as it does give a choice like mechanic. But BONUS:ABILITYPOOL will only give you new abilities not alter ones you already have.

        Am I correct that what you're trying to tell me, is that CHOOSE:ABILITY can't do that at the moment either so it can't be combined with something like BONUS:DC|%LIST|2 or BONUS:DAMAGE|%LIST|2 as things like DC and DAMAGE aren't properties of the ABILITY itself of of the things the ability grants?

        But CHOOSE:FEAT using hidden feats would have the same problem, right?

        So currently there is no good way to do something like
        BONUS:DC|%LIST|2 CHOOSE:ABILITY|FooBarBlast choice or
        BONUS:DC|%LIST|2 CHOOSE:ABILITY|TYPE=FooBarBlast or
        BONUS:DC|%LIST|2 CHOOSE:FEAT|TYPE=FooBarBlast

        for a hypotetical feat like Improved FooBarBlast DESC:Your FooBarBlast %1 now has a 2 higher DC|%CHOICE

        And then for CHOOSE:ABILITY you either need an ABILITYCATEGORY "FooBarBlast choice" which can be an ABILITYLIST or have TYPE=FooBarBlast but then all abilities available for FooBarBlast need to have TYPE=FooBarBlast.

        Cheers,

        Adriaan Renting/RogerWilco
      • FerretDave
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 21, 2013
          Good old wizards eh? :-)
          Thanks Drew, now to review errata and update my homebrew.

          > The RSRD is unchanged, un-updated and Wizards has declined to put any errata updates in the RSRD.
          > So, the RSRD is pretty much static and unchanged. All the changes you're seeing in it are putting in
          > what we should have included years ago. Full Spell Descriptions, full feat descriptions, full
          > individualized abilities for each creature and class.
          >
          > The common consolidation was fine, but very limiting.
          >
          > You are free to put errata updates into your personal copy. However, unless the BoD decides to
          > change policy and stance, the Release version of the RSRD set will adhere to the RSRD as put out by
          > Wizards.
          >
          > On 2/20/2013 1:50 AM, FerretDave wrote:
          > > Greetings,
          > >
          > >> but more importantly, it doesn't have the errata.
          > >>
          > > ! That's worth noting... do you have notes on which *mechanics* are actually changed, that could be applied to the RSRD?
          > >
          > > Would we have permission to include Errata updates into the RSRD?
          > >
          > > Cheers
          > > Dave

          > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
          > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

        • Andrew Wilson
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 21, 2013
            On 21 February 2013 09:20, FerretDave <ferret.griffin@...> wrote:

            > Good old wizards eh? :-)

            I have no idea why anyone still gives them money. I know I don't.