Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] ADD:FEAT vs. AUTO:FEAT in template file

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 19, 2013

      ADD:FEAT requires it to be added manually, either by leveling (In a Class line) or part of a Feat
      you apply to the character.
      The pitfall of ADD:FEAT is a choice cannot be unmade without removing the granting item - so if it's
      a class, you'd have to remove the level, if it's a feat or ability, you'd have to remove that and
      re-add it.
      The other thing is ADD:FEAT obeys the PRExxx and won't offer it or add it if you don't qualify.

      AUTO:FEAT - Automatically grants the object, no questions asked, regardless of whether you meet the
      qualifications or not, and is not dependent upon a chooser or action from the user. Once an object
      containing it is applied to the character, it's granted.

      On 2/19/2013 8:37 AM, Allen Cohn wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > What is the difference between
      >
      > AUTO:FEAT|My Custom Feat
      >
      > vs.
      >
      > ADD:FEAT|My Custom Feat
      >
      > in a Pathfinder template file entry? I thought both are global tags.
      >
      > The first one seems to work, but the second didn't work for me.
      >
      > Thanks for the education.
      >
      > Allen

    • Allen Cohn
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 19, 2013