ADD:FEAT vs. AUTO:FEAT in template file

  • Allen Cohn
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 19, 2013
      Hello,

      What is the difference between

      AUTO:FEAT|My Custom Feat

      vs.

      ADD:FEAT|My Custom Feat

      in a Pathfinder template file entry? I thought both are global tags.

      The first one seems to work, but the second didn't work for me.

      Thanks for the education.

      Allen
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 19, 2013

        ADD:FEAT requires it to be added manually, either by leveling (In a Class line) or part of a Feat
        you apply to the character.
        The pitfall of ADD:FEAT is a choice cannot be unmade without removing the granting item - so if it's
        a class, you'd have to remove the level, if it's a feat or ability, you'd have to remove that and
        re-add it.
        The other thing is ADD:FEAT obeys the PRExxx and won't offer it or add it if you don't qualify.

        AUTO:FEAT - Automatically grants the object, no questions asked, regardless of whether you meet the
        qualifications or not, and is not dependent upon a chooser or action from the user. Once an object
        containing it is applied to the character, it's granted.

        On 2/19/2013 8:37 AM, Allen Cohn wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > What is the difference between
        >
        > AUTO:FEAT|My Custom Feat
        >
        > vs.
        >
        > ADD:FEAT|My Custom Feat
        >
        > in a Pathfinder template file entry? I thought both are global tags.
        >
        > The first one seems to work, but the second didn't work for me.
        >
        > Thanks for the education.
        >
        > Allen

      • Allen Cohn
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 19, 2013