D20M - occupation Template choice at level up

  • FerretDave
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 17, 2013
      Greetings,
      When levelling up a D20Modern character, I'm prompted for a template choice for 'occupation' of either the '<class>skills' of the first class I took, or the '<class>skills' of the new class... That appears twice for some reason...

      What does that do ? And as it's appearing twice, does it work correctly?

      I'd presume it's something to do with making sure that all of my occupation skills are still class skills in the new class (and I get any +1 competence bonus if they were already class skills in the original class)...? Is this check something an ability could handle more appropriately nowadays?

      Just JIRA'd a fix for D20M spell lists for Urban Arcana, I guess nobody else has even used the TechnoMage or Mystic considering that most of their spell lists were missing, so does anyone else actually use D20Modern (with Urban Arcana)?

      Cheers
      Dave
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 17, 2013

        Appearing twice is a bug, and it's having issues I've noticed. Make a JIRA please.

        On 2/17/2013 4:53 PM, FerretDave wrote:
        > Greetings,
        > When levelling up a D20Modern character, I'm prompted for a template choice for 'occupation' of either the '<class>skills' of the first class I took, or the '<class>skills' of the new class... That appears twice for some reason...
        >
        > What does that do ? And as it's appearing twice, does it work correctly?
        >
        > I'd presume it's something to do with making sure that all of my occupation skills are still class skills in the new class (and I get any +1 competence bonus if they were already class skills in the original class)...? Is this check something an ability could handle more appropriately nowadays?
        >
        > Just JIRA'd a fix for D20M spell lists for Urban Arcana, I guess nobody else has even used the TechnoMage or Mystic considering that most of their spell lists were missing, so does anyone else actually use D20Modern (with Urban Arcana)?
        >
        > Cheers
        > Dave

      • FerretDave
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 18, 2013