Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] ###Block: Homebrew Support

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 17, 2013
      I found it.

      Yeah, this s added so that anyone who codes something with "Blind-Fight" still gets "Blind Fight", which is how PCGen has implemented the feat. (Using the KEY: Blind Fight tag)

      As the BLOCK identifier states, it is homebrew support.

      Maredudd

      On Feb 17, 2013, at 1:24 PM, Eric C Smith wrote:

      > What file is are these lines in?
      >
      > Maredudd
      >
      > On Feb 17, 2013, at 1:13 PM, rogerwllco wrote:
      >

      >> I was comparing my files to the rsrd and I came across this:
      >>
      >> ###Block: Homebrew Support
      >> # Feat Name Visible Automatically Gained Feat
      >> Blind-Fight VISIBLE:NO AUTO:FEAT|Blind Fight
      >> Two-Weapon Defense VISIBLE:NO AUTO:FEAT|Two Weapon Defense
      >> Two-Weapon Fighting VISIBLE:NO AUTO:FEAT|Two Weapon Fighting
      >> Self-Sufficient VISIBLE:NO AUTO:FEAT|Self Sufficient
      >> Ride-By Attack VISIBLE:NO AUTO:FEAT|Ride By Attack
      >> Improved Two-Weapon Fighting VISIBLE:NO AUTO:FEAT|Improved Two Weapon Fighting
      >> Greater Two-Weapon Fighting VISIBLE:NO AUTO:FEAT|Greater Two Weapon Fighting
      >>
      >> I was very puzzled by this as the feats seem to be referencing themselves and are already defined in the file. I think someone is doing something very smart here that I don't understand so I'd like to learn the purpose of this.
      >>
      >> Cheers,
      >>
      >> Adriaan Renting/RogerWilco

    • rogerwllco
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 17, 2013
        Ah. I hadn't noticed the hyphen so I thought something much smarter was going on. Still a good idea though.

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 17, 2013
          I'm glad you appreciate it. I do try my hardest.

          However, that was actually changed to this:

          ###Block: Homebrew & Old Version Support
          # Feat Name Serves As
          Blind-Fight.MOD SERVESAS:FEAT|Blind Fight
          Two-Weapon Defense.MOD SERVESAS:FEAT|Two Weapon Defense
          Two-Weapon Fighting.MOD SERVESAS:FEAT|Two Weapon Fighting
          Self-Sufficient.MOD SERVESAS:FEAT|Self Sufficient
          Ride-By Attack.MOD SERVESAS:FEAT|Ride By Attack
          Greater Two-Weapon Fighting.MOD SERVESAS:FEAT|Improved Two Weapon Fighting
          Greater Two-Weapon Fighting.MOD SERVESAS:FEAT|Greater Two Weapon Fighting

          ###Block: Old Version Support
          # Feat Name Output Name Visible Req.
          Att. Required Feat Required Skill Required Stat
          Automatically Gained Feat SORTKEY
          Remove and re-add Blind-Fight KEY:Blind Fight OUTPUTNAME:Remove and
          re-add Blind-Fight VISIBLE:DISPLAY
          AUTO:FEAT|Blind-Fight SORTKEY:zzz
          Remove and re-add Two-Weapon Defense KEY:Two Weapon Defense OUTPUTNAME:Remove and
          re-add Two-Weapon Defense VISIBLE:DISPLAY PREFEAT:1,Two-Weapon Fighting
          PRESTAT:1,DEX=15 AUTO:FEAT|Two-Weapon Defense SORTKEY:zzz
          Remove and re-add Two-Weapon Fighting KEY:Two Weapon Fighting OUTPUTNAME:Remove
          and re-add Two-Weapon Fighting VISIBLE:DISPLAY
          PRESTAT:1,DEX=15 AUTO:FEAT|Two-Weapon Fighting SORTKEY:zzz
          Remove and re-add Self-Sufficient KEY:Self Sufficient OUTPUTNAME:Remove and
          re-add Self-Sufficient VISIBLE:DISPLAY
          AUTO:FEAT|Self-Sufficient SORTKEY:zzz
          Remove and re-add Ride-By Attack KEY:Ride By Attack OUTPUTNAME:Remove and
          re-add Ride-By Attack VISIBLE:DISPLAY PREFEAT:1,Mounted Combat
          PRESKILL:1,Ride=1 AUTO:FEAT|Ride-By Attack SORTKEY:zzz
          Remove and re-add Improved Two-Weapon Fighting KEY:Improved Two Weapon Fighting
          OUTPUTNAME:Remove and re-add Improved Two-Weapon Fighting VISIBLE:DISPLAY PREATT:6
          PREFEAT:1,Two-Weapon Fighting PRESTAT:1,DEX=17
          AUTO:FEAT|Improved Two-Weapon Fighting SORTKEY:zzz
          Remove and re-add Greater Two-Weapon Fighting KEY:Greater Two Weapon Fighting
          OUTPUTNAME:Remove and re-add Greater Two-Weapon Fighting VISIBLE:DISPLAY PREATT:11
          PREFEAT:2,Two-Weapon Fighting,Improved Two-Weapon Fighting PRESTAT:1,DEX=19
          AUTO:FEAT|Greater Two-Weapon Fighting SORTKEY:zzz