Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] ###Block: Homebrew Support

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 17, 2013
      What file is are these lines in?

      Maredudd

      On Feb 17, 2013, at 1:13 PM, rogerwllco wrote:

      > I was comparing my files to the rsrd and I came across this:
      >
      > ###Block: Homebrew Support
      > # Feat Name Visible Automatically Gained Feat
      > Blind-Fight VISIBLE:NO AUTO:FEAT|Blind Fight
      > Two-Weapon Defense VISIBLE:NO AUTO:FEAT|Two Weapon Defense
      > Two-Weapon Fighting VISIBLE:NO AUTO:FEAT|Two Weapon Fighting
      > Self-Sufficient VISIBLE:NO AUTO:FEAT|Self Sufficient
      > Ride-By Attack VISIBLE:NO AUTO:FEAT|Ride By Attack
      > Improved Two-Weapon Fighting VISIBLE:NO AUTO:FEAT|Improved Two Weapon Fighting
      > Greater Two-Weapon Fighting VISIBLE:NO AUTO:FEAT|Greater Two Weapon Fighting
      >
      > I was very puzzled by this as the feats seem to be referencing themselves and are already defined in the file. I think someone is doing something very smart here that I don't understand so I'd like to learn the purpose of this.
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Adriaan Renting/RogerWilco

    • Eric C Smith
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 17, 2013
        I found it.

        Yeah, this s added so that anyone who codes something with "Blind-Fight" still gets "Blind Fight", which is how PCGen has implemented the feat. (Using the KEY: Blind Fight tag)

        As the BLOCK identifier states, it is homebrew support.

        Maredudd

        On Feb 17, 2013, at 1:24 PM, Eric C Smith wrote:

        > What file is are these lines in?
        >
        > Maredudd
        >
        > On Feb 17, 2013, at 1:13 PM, rogerwllco wrote:
        >

        >> I was comparing my files to the rsrd and I came across this:
        >>
        >> ###Block: Homebrew Support
        >> # Feat Name Visible Automatically Gained Feat
        >> Blind-Fight VISIBLE:NO AUTO:FEAT|Blind Fight
        >> Two-Weapon Defense VISIBLE:NO AUTO:FEAT|Two Weapon Defense
        >> Two-Weapon Fighting VISIBLE:NO AUTO:FEAT|Two Weapon Fighting
        >> Self-Sufficient VISIBLE:NO AUTO:FEAT|Self Sufficient
        >> Ride-By Attack VISIBLE:NO AUTO:FEAT|Ride By Attack
        >> Improved Two-Weapon Fighting VISIBLE:NO AUTO:FEAT|Improved Two Weapon Fighting
        >> Greater Two-Weapon Fighting VISIBLE:NO AUTO:FEAT|Greater Two Weapon Fighting
        >>
        >> I was very puzzled by this as the feats seem to be referencing themselves and are already defined in the file. I think someone is doing something very smart here that I don't understand so I'd like to learn the purpose of this.
        >>
        >> Cheers,
        >>
        >> Adriaan Renting/RogerWilco

      • rogerwllco
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 17, 2013
          Ah. I hadn't noticed the hyphen so I thought something much smarter was going on. Still a good idea though.

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 17, 2013
            I'm glad you appreciate it. I do try my hardest.

            However, that was actually changed to this:

            ###Block: Homebrew & Old Version Support
            # Feat Name Serves As
            Blind-Fight.MOD SERVESAS:FEAT|Blind Fight
            Two-Weapon Defense.MOD SERVESAS:FEAT|Two Weapon Defense
            Two-Weapon Fighting.MOD SERVESAS:FEAT|Two Weapon Fighting
            Self-Sufficient.MOD SERVESAS:FEAT|Self Sufficient
            Ride-By Attack.MOD SERVESAS:FEAT|Ride By Attack
            Greater Two-Weapon Fighting.MOD SERVESAS:FEAT|Improved Two Weapon Fighting
            Greater Two-Weapon Fighting.MOD SERVESAS:FEAT|Greater Two Weapon Fighting

            ###Block: Old Version Support
            # Feat Name Output Name Visible Req.
            Att. Required Feat Required Skill Required Stat
            Automatically Gained Feat SORTKEY
            Remove and re-add Blind-Fight KEY:Blind Fight OUTPUTNAME:Remove and
            re-add Blind-Fight VISIBLE:DISPLAY
            AUTO:FEAT|Blind-Fight SORTKEY:zzz
            Remove and re-add Two-Weapon Defense KEY:Two Weapon Defense OUTPUTNAME:Remove and
            re-add Two-Weapon Defense VISIBLE:DISPLAY PREFEAT:1,Two-Weapon Fighting
            PRESTAT:1,DEX=15 AUTO:FEAT|Two-Weapon Defense SORTKEY:zzz
            Remove and re-add Two-Weapon Fighting KEY:Two Weapon Fighting OUTPUTNAME:Remove
            and re-add Two-Weapon Fighting VISIBLE:DISPLAY
            PRESTAT:1,DEX=15 AUTO:FEAT|Two-Weapon Fighting SORTKEY:zzz
            Remove and re-add Self-Sufficient KEY:Self Sufficient OUTPUTNAME:Remove and
            re-add Self-Sufficient VISIBLE:DISPLAY
            AUTO:FEAT|Self-Sufficient SORTKEY:zzz
            Remove and re-add Ride-By Attack KEY:Ride By Attack OUTPUTNAME:Remove and
            re-add Ride-By Attack VISIBLE:DISPLAY PREFEAT:1,Mounted Combat
            PRESKILL:1,Ride=1 AUTO:FEAT|Ride-By Attack SORTKEY:zzz
            Remove and re-add Improved Two-Weapon Fighting KEY:Improved Two Weapon Fighting
            OUTPUTNAME:Remove and re-add Improved Two-Weapon Fighting VISIBLE:DISPLAY PREATT:6
            PREFEAT:1,Two-Weapon Fighting PRESTAT:1,DEX=17
            AUTO:FEAT|Improved Two-Weapon Fighting SORTKEY:zzz
            Remove and re-add Greater Two-Weapon Fighting KEY:Greater Two Weapon Fighting
            OUTPUTNAME:Remove and re-add Greater Two-Weapon Fighting VISIBLE:DISPLAY PREATT:11
            PREFEAT:2,Two-Weapon Fighting,Improved Two-Weapon Fighting PRESTAT:1,DEX=19
            AUTO:FEAT|Greater Two-Weapon Fighting SORTKEY:zzz