Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: [] or | or ,

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 17, 2013
      Hi Again!

      rogerwllco wrote:

      > Eric C Smith wrote:
      > >
      > > Still no coffee! :-)
      > >
      > > Or rather I should say that the pipe functions as an AND in that PCGen will include "these feats AND these feats" in the list, but as part f the selection criteria as it relates to the PC, the comma is the logical AND function.
      > >
      > > Maredudd
      > >
      > > P.S. Off to get some coffee!
      >
      > I don't follow you here. It might be my similar lack of caffeine, but as I'm off to bed soon, I'll just try to read this again in the morning.

      In practical terms the logical functions are applied to determine which feats are to be included in the presented list. The feat is included if it satisfies <criteria1> OR <criteria2> OR <criteria3> with the AND being resolved first, so this equates to:

      CHOOSE:FEAT|criteria1|criteria2|criteria3,Criteria4

      This also can be written:

      CHOOSE:FEAT|criteria1|criteria2|criteria3[Criteria4]

      > > Using PC,TYPE=SpellLike|TYPE=SpellLike would exclude Power Attack but include Dimension Door.
      > >
      > How is this any different from just TYPE=SpellLike?

      It isn't. Just another way to do it. An artifact of the standardization, and improvement, of PCGen's chooser system.

      Maredudd
    • Eric C Smith
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 17, 2013
        Hi Again!

        Sorry. The previous post got munged in translation. Hopefully this one willl get through correctly.
        rogerwllco wrote:

        > Eric C Smith wrote:
        >>
        >> Still no coffee! :-)
        >>
        >> Or rather I should say that the pipe functions as an AND in that PCGen will include "these feats AND these feats" in the list, but as part f the selection criteria as it relates to the PC, the comma is the logical AND function.
        >>
        >> Maredudd
        >>
        >> P.S. Off to get some coffee!
        >
        > I don't follow you here. It might be my similar lack of caffeine, but as I'm off to bed soon, I'll just try to read this again in the morning.

        In practical terms the logical functions are applied to determine which feats are to be included in the presented list. The feat is included if it satisfies criteria1 OR criteria2 OR criteria3 AND criteria4, with the AND being resolved first, so this equates to: