Subtract skill points from the pool?

  • madartiste
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 15, 2013
      Hey all,

      Our DM has a house rule that lets a person spend a certain amount of unused skill points to buy a feat. I was attempting to code this up, but seem to be having trouble with the subtracting skill points part.

      I had assumed that BONUS:SKILLPOOL was the way to go, but it seems to do absolutely nothing... Anyone have any suggestions?

      I was testing it by being very specific -- since the proper syntax is BONUS:SKILLPOOL|CLASS=Fighter;LEVEL=2|2. I just made it -2 and drafted up a 2nd level fighter to see if it worked. Which it doesn't. And neither does leaving it as a positive number.

      I guess I'm stumped. Maybe I misunderstood what BONUS:SKILLPOOL does. Can anyone help me?
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 15, 2013

        Skill Pool is a beast to alter unless leveling.

        What I would recommend is setting up a new skill

        Buy Feat TYPE:FEAT VISIBLE:GUI BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|FEAT|x

        with x being the formula using skill info to grant a feat for you when you spend the points.

        skillinfo("RANK","Buy Feat")/3

        every 3 skill ranks in Buy Feat will grant a Feat.

        As to your syntax, I'd have to look, but it sounds like a bug to me, if it's not working.

        Cheers,

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 16, 2013
          Ah! That's excellent! I hadn't even thought of making a new skill! Thank you very much.